Any Aberdeenshire/Aberdeen owners?

Patrick Bateman

Not ruling out a return to 987 ownership but I've taken up golf again since last having one and needing to know if my trolley and bag can fit in the boots. I suspect it might be tight although only one way to find out...

Don't suppose there are any owners in the North East sort of area who'd be kind enough to let me check? I also head down Dundee way most weekends if there's anyone that direction too.

I don't play Golf so can't say for certainty about a golf trolley and a bag but my big cricket back fits just fine in the boot. 

It's quite a large bag, so I would think a golf trolley/bag should be fine.

When I bought a Nissan 350Z a few years ago I had read that Nissan had specially designed the boot to take a golf bag, so in that also my cricket bag fitted easily.

I would expect Porsche to be just as savvy and forward thinking as Nissan.

Whether 0, 1 or 2 golf bags fitted used to (and may still be) be a common sports car road test element.  Whether a Boxster passes?  Possibly does give the two 'ears' that reach right to the outer wings in the back of the boot.  As you say, @Patrick Bateman a test is the only way to tell if your set up will fit.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Whether 0, 1 or 2 golf bags fitted used to (and may still be) be a common sports car road test element.  Whether a Boxster passes?  Possibly does give the two 'ears' that reach right to the outer wings in the back of the boot.  As you say, @Patrick Bateman a test is the only way to tell if your set up will fit.

I'd be confident of the bag even if it meant taking longer clubs out, it's the trolley in the front boot I'm not certain on.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

@Boxob has commented before. 

Certainly fits a 986. I have a Powakaddy tour bag with full set of clubs, shoes, and golf balls in the rear boot and  Powakaddy C2i in the front boot with enough space to spare for overnight bags.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'd be confident of the bag even if it meant taking longer clubs out, it's the trolley in the front boot I'm not certain on.

Depends on the trolley type. As above I have a Powakaddy C2i which fits as did my Powakaddy trombone push trolley. My fold in half pull trolley would not fit the front boot but, with the wheels removed and stowed in the front, the body of the trolley would fit in the back with the bag. Bit Tetris though - you'll not be first to the 19th!

6 hours ago, Boxob said:

Depends on the trolley type. As above I have a Powakaddy C2i which fits as did my Powakaddy trombone push trolley. My fold in half pull trolley would not fit the front boot but, with the wheels removed and stowed in the front, the body of the trolley would fit in the back with the bag. Bit Tetris though - you'll not be first to the 19th!

I've got a Druids trolley, it's pretty compact I think-

druids-golf-carbon-trolley-compact-ez-carbon-trolley-black-red-dn1113d013-11944660140093_4c9a8753-043f-43bf-8296-354f44900ce6_2000x.jpg

trolley.PNG

Don't suppose a 987 owner with a measuring tape would be able to check the front boot using those measurements please? Would allow me to at least rule the car in/out without needing to find an owner.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I've got a Druids trolley, it's pretty compact I think-

druids-golf-carbon-trolley-compact-ez-carbon-trolley-black-red-dn1113d013-11944660140093_4c9a8753-043f-43bf-8296-354f44900ce6_2000x.jpg

trolley.PNG

That wouldn't fit my 986 even on its side but it is close. I've just measured the trunk. Excuse for a new trolley. 🙂

Edited by Boxob

1 hour ago, Boxob said:

That wouldn't fit my 986 even on its side but it is close. I've just measured the trunk. Excuse for a new trolley. 🙂

What dimension is tight ? The 987 doesn’t have a spare  wheel - and that made the difference between a Brompton fold up bike fitting between a 986 and a 987. 

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

What dimension is tight ? The 987 doesn’t have a spare  wheel - and that made the difference between a Brompton fold up bike fitting between a 986 and a 987. 

The width. The front boot opening tapers, it is just 78cm but that is towards the cabin just in front of the spare wheel. However internally it narrows again as bulkhead bits (where the boot light is) intrude so even with the spare wheel removed the internal width is less than 78cm. I don't think that trolley would fit my car (if it were a box it certainly wouldn't) but it might a 987.  It would need a trial fit to be sure. However, a £150 trolley replacement would solve any issue.

Edited by Boxob

On 8/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Not ruling out a return to 987 ownership but I've taken up golf again since last having one and needing to know if my trolley and bag can fit in the boots. I suspect it might be tight although only one way to find out...

Don't suppose there are any owners in the North East sort of area who'd be kind enough to let me check? I also head down Dundee way most weekends if there's anyone that direction too.

56EBB194-6867-4337-8222-FCC320B96E43.jpeg

On 8/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Just now, kevin450 said:

56EBB194-6867-4337-8222-FCC320B96E43.jpeg

Full trolley bag in the boot take woods out and place in boot first irons stay in the bag  powakaddy  cti trolley in the funk photo to follow and room for overnight bag