Fog lights (LEDs) no longer working after removal and refit?

NICTRY

So finally had my front bumper resprayed and obviously they had to remove the LED DRL/Foglights from the bumper to fit. Picked the car up and immediately noticed the warning on the dash when switching on the DRLs - looking at the lights only one DRL working but nether foglight. Switched on and off - the technical solution to anything not working - and lo and behold the other DRL comes back on, still no foglights though.

Got a tester and both foglights work fine when powered however only the DRLs when plugged into the car.

I know Porsches are temperamental when things are plugged in and out, batteries disconnected etc. but it doesn't seem like there is any obvious reason the front fogs are not working and also I don't see any separate fuse for them so not sure what other options I have to get them back?

Edited by NICTRY

25 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Is this a gen 1 or a gen 2 ? 

Gen 1 2006 3.2

The lights worked perfectly before the paint job, move to side lights and the DRLs come on and then one pull for foglights and the LEDs for the fogs came on. Its only since the refit they are not playing ball and like I said they do work perfectly when powered 

Example here https://www.porschelights.com/porsche-boxster-987-front-bumper-led-daytime-running-lights---fog-lights---side-light-units

Edited by NICTRY

Not familiar with those lights. Since they are essentially replacing the side lights (which r think are normally in the headlight) then there must be some modification of the wiring to “move the sidelight function” to the replacement unit.   I know there is a drl hack done at the flight switch but I thought that just made the fog lights come on all the time. so I am guessing something modified in the wiring behind the headlight units.  Has something come disconnected there ? 

Edited by Paul P

Fair enough.

I Don’t understand how they work in that case since I would expect sidelight switch to deliver power to the headlight units not the fog light units, guess I am missing something. 

I am out of ideas. Good luck with resolving. 

Thanks and just sorted it - seems the connectors are the wrong way around ie they are upside down from the lugs that show how they 'should' connect - very bizarre but end result is DRLs and Fogs now sorted and working.