Porsche Extended Warranty

Purdie

This may have been covered before but I renewed my extended warranty today and was pleased to find the requirement for the 111 point check has been removed so long as its extended whilst car is still under warranty cover. (I knew it had been suspended during the pandemic but thought this was temporary)

£1190 for 2 years - without Porsche Assist which I didn't think was too bad. They just requested copies of V5, Service booklet stamps and photo of odometer - easy peasy. I think its going up from 1st September to £1250 if anyone's considering it.

Edited by Purdie
  • Thanks 1

Not a bad price at all for two years and reflects the reliability of the cars in general - of all the cars Ive owned Porsche has been head and shoulders above the rest of those from Europe - very few issues if they are serviced regularly and I'm including Gen 1 997's and 986's with their engine weaknesses (which never got to me).

Keith

13 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

Doing this right on the 991, its slightly more expensive for the 911's at around £1700 for 2 years, still, peace of mind which is what one needs. 

Yup £70 a month for the best insurance warranty you can apply seems reasonable for as you said the peace of mind. 

22 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Yup £70 a month for the best insurance warranty you can apply seems reasonable for as you said the peace of mind. 

Whilst I would probably have a warranty on a car for the first three to five years of its life, beyond that, there's many that would agree that it isn't the 'best insurance warranty' you can have!

If you read my owners thread, you will see how Porsche blow hot and cold with warranty claims, my roof is one, a fraid seat belt at 20000 miles another... :)

I paid £8k more to buy from OPC and had £8K of warranty done in the first year.  Plus more done that they refused to notice let alone fix.

OPC

Both Active mounts

PDLS Headlight

Brake Pedal binding

Terrible state of unclean when handed over, including damaging a wheel while delivering back

I know there was something else but not going to read my thread.

Ignored or "not covered"

Blown exhaust gaskets

Snapped brake nipple

Melted Chrono clock hand

I'm happier paying for a good Indi , than deal with the condescending self-righteous idiots at an OPC. 

• Like 1

I've learnt that with any dealer you have to stick to your guns and not give in to them. Have had them refuse work and then after threatening to go to HQ they've agreed to get it done. Having spoken to the same service manager and explained what is good customer care and service, I think he will think twice when he sees my name come up again 😂

No point trying that at Bournemouth - After escalation to HQ the manager chose to downgrade your complain back to the the lazy incompetent and rude person you were still awaiting a response from in the first place !

Lead by example, ie don't give a monkeys about your customers, let alone your franchise.

3 minutes ago, Patt said:

No point trying that at Bournemouth - After escalation to HQ the manager chose to downgrade your complain back to the the lazy incompetent and rude person you were still awaiting a response from in the first place !

Lead by example, ie don't give a monkeys about your customers, let alone your franchise.

Ouch! Doesn't sound pleasant, I guess it varies depending on OPC - I've been using OPC Leeds for many years since I had my 924, so maybe that might have swung them for me? I don't know. 

I think the main concern is the PDK gearbox, if something goes wrong with that it can cost a fortune to replace. I know ATM has a thread about his PDK woes, think last time I saw it, he had it fixed at a relative cheap price, so maybe in a few years they won't be too bad. I know its rare for issues to crop up - car insurance is around 300-400 per year, so looking at it like £1200 a year overall - which isnt too bad imo.

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

Whilst I would probably have a warranty on a car for the first three to five years of its life, beyond that, there's many that would agree that it isn't the 'best insurance warranty' you can have!

If you read my owners thread, you will see how Porsche blow hot and cold with warranty claims, my roof is one, a fraid seat belt at 20000 miles another... :)

Guess we've all had different experiences, the 2 x I've had it it's more than paid out, the last one being 4K of new roof cover & fitting in Jan. Guess I should have qualified the above re my own experience ...YMMV.

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

Guess we've all had different experiences, the 2 x I've had it it's more than paid out, the last one being 4K of new roof cover & fitting in Jan. Guess I should have qualified the above re my own experience ...YMMV.

I had a new roof too, the fight was unbelievable to get it...6 months of my life I'll never get back, many failed promises, initially said they'd only 'contribute' 40% IIRC, finally got them to cover cost (in fact OPC covered labour and Porsche/Porsche Warranty, I cant remember which, only roof itself) and when I did replace the roof they had to send it to a 3rd party to fit!

I've had new PSE without any issue (they replaced both sides for a simple sticking flap on one)

I've had a crease in a seat bolster they agreed to rectify but failed to do so properly

a frayed seat belt they refused to accept was sub standard materials (warranty wouldnt cover but done by OPC as good will)

I've seen many stories on here where it has worked out, but imo it depends on OPC and which way the wind is blowing......like I say, completely understand the reason on a car up to 5 yrs old

Also the hoop jumping for the previous mandatory 111 point check was a big annoyance too, utter money maker/customer rinse when a car is already warranty covered.