Anyone got a spare AC control panel they are willing to lend me?!

Adrian Reeve

Hello, having recently had the car hooked up to a PIWIS (thanks @Paul P), it seems as though the most likely cause of my heated seats not working, and my AC only blowing cold until it’s set at HI is the control panel itself. I’ve taken it out, blown the fan on the heat sensor out to clean it, and it moves freely. I’ve also checked the electrical connections on the unit to make sure the plug was securely connected, and all seems well. Before I buy a new panel, I was wondering if anyone had one going spare that I could borrow to confirm my diagnosis? A long shot I realise, but worth an ask!

Thanks very much, Adrian

We did a handover reset.  Nothing changed.

We also saw the a/c control panel alternate (rapidly) between reporting back and giving “unknown 11070” errors.  hence the feeling that there may be a connector issue. 

When the panel was talking it thought cabin temp sensor was reading 50+ deg - which will stop the heated seats from operating.  

Guess was that seats and only cold on “lo” weee linked to cabin temp sensor and by inference the hvac unit that was “going nuts” when we scanned it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul P said:

We did a handover reset.  Nothing changed.

We also saw the a/c control panel alternate (rapidly) between reporting back and giving “unknown 11070” errors.  hence the feeling that there may be a connector issue. 

When the panel was talking it thought cabin temp sensor was reading 50+ deg - which will stop the heated seats from operating.  

Guess was that seats and only cold on “lo” weee linked to cabin temp sensor and by inference the hvac unit that was “going nuts” when we scanned it. 

Sounds familiar eh ?