987 for sale price check

Virglas

57 minutes ago, Virglas said:

Going to see this tomorrow. Any thoughts on price?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/776065706854565/

Not the question you asked but I'd start by checking the MOT History on the custom plate this car must be on....

Edited by iborguk
ustom

Cheap. 
for a reason probably. 

Those photos are apparently from  the sale in may.  I don’t believe “impulse buy” - red flag for me. In my mind There’s something wrong with the car that’s not covered by the warranty is my gut feel.  No details on spec etc.  

…. There’s (rarely/no) such thing as a cheap Porsche.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Cheap. 
for a reason probably. 

Those photos are apparently from  the sale in may.  I don’t believe “impulse buy” - red flag for me. In my mind There’s something wrong with the car that’s not covered by the warranty is my gut feel.  No details on spec etc.  

…. There’s (rarely/no) such thing as a cheap Porsche.  

Frankly the medium it's being sold on is enough to put me off but hey I'm not buying and others will feel differently re that...

4 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Not the medium for me, just the lack of effort in the ad and the flip.  

but yeah.  But might a win for someone.  

Yup that too and the fact the plate in the photos produces no .Gov MOT history/vehicle enquiry hits...(again assume it's on a custom plate which is not detailed...)

Edited by iborguk

1 hour ago, iborguk said:

Yup that too and the fact the plate in the photos produces no .Gov MOT history/vehicle enquiry hits...(again assume it's on a custom plate which is not detailed...)

Not sure if the photos have been updated or a plate change has just been processed as I didn’t see the post earlier but it’s returning MOT details for me.

Failed MOT on 4th May with 3 major and 4 advisories then passed with no advisories on 26th May.

2 hours ago, 944GS said:

Not sure if the photos have been updated or a plate change has just been processed as I didn’t see the post earlier but it’s returning MOT details for me.

Failed MOT on 4th May with 3 major and 4 advisories then passed with no advisories on 26th May.

Looks like the car is on a private plate, thanks.

Edited by iborguk

2 hours ago, JonSta said:

You know if you scroll down there are loads of beds for sale with crumpet sitting on them - are they really beds for sale or is it something else?

I get lots of other cars.  I think Facebook gives you different ads based on your previous browsing history……

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I get lots of other cars.  I think Facebook gives you different ads based on your previous browsing history……

Another reason not to use it....

I found myself in a position recently where I had to sell my new works van due to it causing me knee pain with the driving position despite it being the van I wanted for a long time, obviously had to go. But it was the main concern for buyers and did put two very interested buyers off. When in actual fact it was a good genuine low milage van with main dealer service stamps & had just breezed through the MOT. 

That being said - 

There's not enough to that advert to make you think this guy's even remotely passionate about that car & the vibe that gives me is one that doesn't say "Buy me". 

Can you pass on a warranty supplied by a garage like that? I know you can with the OPC if you let them know but with a little garage? 

- I also got 'Crumpet' sat on a bed as a suggested marketplace advert. I have enquired it only said £35. 

2 hours ago, JonSta said:

Is that reasonablr these days - I dunno....

The one I've got a home cost me a house that I had to do up through lockdown, a car & a puppy. I think £35 is very reasonable 😂 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally went to see this car….looks straight bodywork looks original. The only faults I could find were the roof pops out of the trim above the windows on both sides when closed, bonnet release switch doesn’t work, ac doesn’t work. Service book looks upto date, OPC upto 2011 and Indy there after. Looks as though only minor services since 2011. Unfortunately no receipts indicating what’s been done. Contis all round and tread 4-6mm…. Wheels just refurbished. Seats in good nick with tidy side bolsters. Ac buttons look new. Slight squeal from drive belt on startup. No evidence it’s ever been changed. No residue inside oil and water caps…both look really clean.  Car drives well no clonks from suspension. Clutch nice and light. Any thoughts?

I would not like the skimpy service history, nor the fact it's being sold with "easy" to fix minor faults. Sloppy current owner maybe and one wonders what issues there may be that one can not see.  However, all good bargaining points, so if the price is right ?