Halogen to LED upgade - A solution for low and high beam

Ti Rich

Hi All

Just to share some information on LED upgrades that work without issues or error codes. These worked on my 2006 987.

Low Beam - The Philips Ultinon Pro 9000 (H7) works well and gives a very good beam pattern. Not the very brightest but bright enough! About £120.

High beam - I tried the above Philips in a H9 but they threw errors. However the new Novsight H9 works with no errors are are very, very bright indeed. There are several versions but you need the one linked here as it draws enough power not to give error codes. I found a VIP15 discount code and the bulbs were delivered in two working days. Cost about £60. I would be interested to try the H7 in thesde for the low beam as i am quite sure they would work fine too.

https://www.novsights.com/products/high-power-h11-led-bulb-200w-car-light-replacement 

I hope that helps someone and no, I don't want to get into the legality of it all thanks.

Edited by Ti Rich
  • Thanks 1

I've had the novsights in my dogmobile 4 years now. Love em. Still haven't done the Boxster but I'll get round to it. I don't drive much at night but I noticed the lights in this car are a bit better than my other box so maybe someone put hotter halogens in there. In which case they'll prob blow soon so then I'll do the LEDs.

• Like 1

I can now confirm that the N60 Pro Series Novsights also work in the low beam H7 and are much (30-40% ?) brighter than the Philips despite being much cheaper. No difference in beam pattern either!

Very impressed!

https://www.novsights.com/collections/h7-headlight/products/led-bulbs-9005-pro-series-48000-lumens