Is HP with Porsche flexible?

Hexamu

Hi, looking to buy a boxster - on waiting lists. Dealers are keen on HP and I am open to it but does anyone have experience of paying additional payments to clear faster?  I want to ensure these will reduce interest charges and struggling to find anything online.  

also want to make sure no penalty for early repayment. 

thanks in advance

You are better asking the finance bloke at an opc

You should also expect higher Apr than other options and no guarantee what it will be until the car is delivered and you start it.. any illustrations at this stage are extremely likely to change if it's a while until delivery

19 hours ago, Hexamu said:

Hi, looking to buy a boxster - on waiting lists. Dealers are keen on HP and I am open to it but does anyone have experience of paying additional payments to clear faster?  I want to ensure these will reduce interest charges and struggling to find anything online.  

also want to make sure no penalty for early repayment. 

thanks in advance

As Stuart says, ask the OPC for a copy of the terms and conditions. I did that when I recently bought my Audi - took HP in order to get free services and a discount then just 'withdrew' and  paid it off with no penalty before first monthly payment was due. Much cheaper finance available elsewhere, which can also be paid off without penalty.

I've had significantly different rates quoted me from different OPC on similar approved used cars.

I've also heard that rates depend a lot of length of loan and deposit too. 

Most depends on how keen the "finance manager" is willing to negotiate.  In my experience they are too arrogant to do anything but be condescending, rude and unprofessional.  The OPC I bought from paid for this in extra options being fitted as "appologies" 😁

All finance is done through VW Finance and when I used it to purchase mine, I paid it off in full within a couple of months with no extra costs thrown in.  This was about 5 years ago, so things may well have changed as mine was pre base rate increases.