Looking for your advice on buying a used 2013 Porsche Cayenne S

Sixgerson

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the market for a used car and I came across a 2013 Porsche Cayenne S The car has an engine of 6-Cyl. 3.0L Electric and a salvage title status, which means it has been previously damaged and repaired. The seller is asking for $20,500, which seems like a good deal to me, but I'm a bit hesitant about the salvage title.
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with buying a car with a salvage title? Is it worth the risk or should I avoid it altogether? I've heard that insurance can be more expensive for a car with a salvage title and that it may be difficult to resell in the future.
On the other hand, the low price of the car is definitely a draw for me, and I've heard that salvaged cars can be just as reliable as those with a clean title if they were properly repaired.
I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with salvaged cars, or anyone who has any thoughts on whether or not this is a good deal. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

00O0O_i4Fbm2rQOp4_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_RJ51z6Je01_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_6MoZ6ZKuDJg_0oo0ww_1200x900.jpg

Apparently, buy cheap, sell cheap. 
You talk dollars, this forum is UK based, but I think in the UK market the rule of thumb is 25-35% off.  You’ll buy for that and sell for that. Though in each case it varies. A slashed convertible roof replaced by Porsche should cause less concern to anyone taking on a “risk” than a bent chassis. Do you know what was the damage and if Porsche coordinated the repair?
Good luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 10:14 PM, Stuart21UK said:

car vertical?

No Detailed Vehicle History, got one report with images and more details about the car, it is not too bad, I think I will go ahead and make the purchase. 

The car seems reasonably manageable, I will have my mechanic check it out too.

Here is the link to the vehicle history report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/WP1AE2A24DLA15007

• 4 months later...