Anyone had a claim refused based on Zunsport grilles?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times, so apologies that I've not been able to find any directly relevant posts.

I'm looking to get some grilles for the GTS4, but I understand these can be classed as a modification. Has anyone actually had a claim refused on the basis of not declaring these?

Not as far as I know. I would bet pretty much all insurance claims assessors would not know what is an OPC option or aftermarket on something like that either.

Also, as they take seconds to remove, in the event of going back tot he OPC for warranty work, just pop them off before you go in.

2 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Not as far as I know. I would bet pretty much all insurance claims assessors would not know what is an OPC option or aftermarket on something like that either.

Also, as they take seconds to remove, in the event of going back tot he OPC for warranty work, just pop them off before you go in.

Thanks for the info.

I appreciate it

• Like 1

Despite being told I would need to remove each time the car came in for warranty or service work, I fitted mesh behind the bumper myself.

The GT cars have it fitted as standard - would be my argument. 

2 1/2 years of warranty claims latter (read approx 5 visits and as many weeks in their possession ) and not a word said, or the 991 side repeaters, or the GTS rear light clusters etc.etc.

They didn't even try to blame the failed headlight motor on the PPF fitted.

They did try to say an intermittent self binding brake pedal was not a safety recall, yet spooky they actually had the parts in stock.

It's just the condescending BS they are taught to say at every opportunity to ensure they resume themselves as more superior in the conversation.  Elitism is everything

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patt said:

It's just the condescending BS they are taught to say at every opportunity to ensure they resume themselves as more superior in the conversation.  Elitism is everything

I appreciate the intel, thanks!

The standard statement for denying warranty or insurance cover is if they can show the modification caused the claim. For grilles, that might possibly (possibly!) be if the engine is overheating or the aircon not working. But it's the small dog barking loudly; both know that if the lawyers got involved there would be no winners, especially once the denial got amplified on social media and they'd lose easily twice as much in future business.

As Patt illustrates, it's a bark with little bite.