impact of non-fault accident on policy price

Ok,

annual renewal time coming up.. I tried confused.com - and cheapest result was still pretty painful so I did a bit of digging..

tried using elephant's website direct, as theirs is quick & easy to re-quote with different 'risks'

2 'convictions' in the last 5 years - TS10 (3pts) & SP30(3pts)

and dumb woman who reversed into me in March/April this year (full recovery, no claims retained etc.)

if I do the quote with the 'accident' (of her causing, fault admitted, paid for etc.) I get ~£1900 :ermmm: and if I take the 'accident off the online quote and redo it, it does back to ~£1400 (which is about what it currently is)

WTF? - so some dumbass hits me, admits fault, pays for etc. and I am deemed a bigger risk?

I have legal cover with my policy - anyone know of any scope to recover my increase in policy (not hopeful) :(

Also - my 1st 3pointer will be over 5 years ago in December this year - thus won't be asked for by an insurer.

My renewal is in November) is it possible to take a policy out for say 3 months and then start a new policy in January (when it would be cheaper, I checked - removing this 3 pointer from my profile knocks off a further £300) - anyone tried this?

yes, 27, SE London postcode, Boxster S - insurance isn't cheap for me anyway but thats robbery!

Insurance Scummers :gun:

If its any help, licence endorsements, other than drink or reckless driving related, last for four years, therefore can apply for the removal of the first one.

Yeah thats the kicker, my first transgression (being tailgated by a police car through a yellow light) has technically 'expired' from my drivers licence (and isn't on my new photocard licence) but all the insurers I have tried ask for any accidents/convictions in the last 5 years...

So I've 'done my time' but the insurance co. still penalise for it.. :wacko:

Ah yes, you are learning that insurance companies are scum - they are in the business to make profit, not to give you cheap premiums. if they all collaberate together to give you a higher premium then they make more money out of you.

They will argue that you are now a higher risk because some dozy ho reversed into you.

Regards to a 3 month policy, most insurers will only refund a % of the premium if you cancel after a fee months, which works heavily in their favour. Say if you cancel after 3 months, you only get half the annual premium back. The way around this is to pay it monthly, but then you'll be into 24% APR no doubt.

Not really too sure what to suggest, I had similar trouble due to 2 accidents within 6 months, I just had to ride it out and then went with insurers who only asked about accidents in the last 3 year rather than 5. But I think all insurers ask about convictions over the last 5 years.

Sorry, no help at all!

Simon

Ring the firm up and explain the particulars of your incident.I did this only last month when the company removed my protected max. no claims discount.They spoke to their underwriters and came round to my way of thinking.

I'd follow ians's advice and ring up. Online quotes seem to be so generalised. Found myself in a similar situation were I was being penalised for a no-fault accident.

Try ringing Peart Associates 0870 2402972; very professional and know what they're talking about rather than some of the main stream insurance groups with call centres manned by half wits

Jackie x

Archived