Quote any good?

croyde

My Beemer 323 is insured with Admiral for about £520 fully comp. Have just rung them about a 2.7 2000 Boxster, hypothetical, Me 42, wife 35, clean licences, no convictions, full no claims and parked on street in London SW as well as business use.

Quote £1010, that includes them using my no claims from the Beemer as I'm insuring both cars with the same company.

Other places that I have rung won't let you use no claims on a second car and say that you have to start all over again.

Strange thing though, I remember ringing Admiral just after insuring the BM with them, in the Summer, and I'm sure the quote was around £800.

Very confusing, anyone know anywhere else I should try.

Yep Admiral\Elephant done the same with me when I aquired a second car, instantly gave me full NCD.

Most other companies make you start at the bottom rung again.

I presume this only works whilst you are with them (Admiral)?

ie at end of the year you can't shop round for quotes with full NCD/NCB for both vehicles independently (they can't be split).

Also if you have an accident in one, that will pressumably hit both premiums (ie 7 years -> 5 years for both loosing total of FOUR years in effect)

Might be worth giving Privilege, or Bell Direct a call, same group as Admirial so you should be able toe apply the NCD. Privilege were slightly cheaper than Admiral for me, but the difference probably wont be huge.

Dave.

Archived