esure

If you can add someone mature, for example, your mother/father to the policy (and she/he has clean licence/good driving record) AND she has hew own car/policy, it may come down a bit more...sometimes anyway.. :blink:

Just did an online quote at esure. WoW!! I have never been able to find anything cheaper than Direct Line.

Direct Line quoted me £775 for the new Boxster - due any time

Esure quoted £552.

A saving of £223 :bana:

Guess I'm signing up with eSure :rocks:

I just tried eSure to get a quote for my 2.7 Boxster--due in June. Unfortunately they will not quote due to a combination of my age (27) and the car :angry:

Looks like I'll just have to stick with elephant.co.uk.

On trying a few companies I can insure cheaper if I name my wife as the main driver of the car and me as a named driver, funny because she's two years younger than me! Given that we'll probably split use of the car 50/50 I'll probably end up doing this. Looks like positive sexual discrimination for women....maybe if I tell them I'm a cross-dresser :kiss: it'll help?

Only kidding on the cross-dresser thing....honest :ph34r:

I just tried e-sure to compare with Directline...

They won't insure me because...

a: I am involved in the gaming industry couto.gif

b: ...got passed that... next, becasue my job falls into the "arts, creative and broadcasting" category.sagrin.gif

c: I have any sort of ******* job

ok.... so I try and select Unemployed. That's fine... I make progress...

Fill in more form...

Now they won't insure me due to:

e: Age

f: the type of vehicle I have selected

g: It's Monday

h: they're a bunch of @!#*!s

E-sure won't insure me either due to my age and I'm getting silly quotes from Elephant, who have normally been quite good!

Might try a few more before ringing my existing insurer, Privilege. Would try them first but looking to leave due to the poor service and lack of knowledge from their call center staff.

Anyone recommend any competitive insurers, I'm 24, 6 years NCD and clean license.

www.confused.com

I'm with Direct line at the moment.

age 26, full protected ncb, garaged, tracker approx 800 with the mrs on it (she's 24) which makes it £70 cheaper! :(

That sounds a good quote, think'll I'll give that confused.com another go and see what quotes it comes back with.

Sounds a bit strange that your insurance is cheaper with your Mrs on it, don't think I'll try that though, she's only had her license for a year.

FLIPPIN HECK :vmad:

I got the car a few weeks before my 30th birthday so I could not get insurance from Esure, just tried a quote to see what the difference would be! £300 quid cheaper!

Might be time to cancel my original policy!

living together... I'm more responsible and less of a "risk" - apparantly!

That sounds a good quote, think'll I'll give that confused.com another go and see what quotes it comes back with.

Sounds a bit strange that your insurance is cheaper with your Mrs on it, don't think I'll try that though, she's only had her license for a year.

you dont have to let her drive it Sam or even tell her she is on the policy ;)

best that way :lol:

JC

saiid

your boxster S arrives in sept - you are mebe purposely holding off delivery for the 53 plate ??

How long over what you HAVE to wait are you waiting ??

G.

Well the SLK can officially be handed back now or I can make the CBP (Crippling Baloon Payment :lol: ) and keep it. Its just that I will have to pay a smallish penalty for giving it up early (before September)..

I was going to leave it as late as possible, but all you lot talking of your Boxsters is driving me up the wall.. So I'm going to place the order next Thursday and get it asap now :D

I really can't wait.. :nuke:

saiid,

when i added my mum and dad to my policy they added £200! absolutely absurd considering they both have their own cars and i am the youngest insured!

p

Strange that.. mine came down by about 50.. I will get a quote from esure nearer the time, but as I am mid-policy then, it gets a bit messy..

Have just tried esure myself. £620 which then jumps to

£700 with protected no claims, but they are still nearly £300 cheaper than the previous quote.....Cool!!! :bana:

Archived