The car was 45k 4months old.

Insured with Tesco

Full NCD (5years)

Protected NCD

Clean licence

No convictions

No previous claims/accidents

27 yrs old

Any one with any insight into how the insurance world works? Help would be much appreciated

Also does anyone have any dealings with Tesco insurance in making a claim?

Nobbers,

I have heard that Tesco can be slow to pay out.

Theoretically, if you have protected NCB you should be OK, but a 45K write-off would count against you big time.

Good luck with it though..............

Simon

It is likely to affect premium, dunno by how much though, my £3500 claim with Tesco affected my premium by about a few pounds nothing notable. Protected NCB is ok, but will not protect you from a hike in price, what should help though is the claim free history.

Nobbers,

I have heard that Tesco can be slow to pay out.

Theoretically, if you have protected NCB you should be OK, but a 45K write-off would count against you big time.

Good luck with it though..............

Simon

Simon. Do you know who it was that had the slow claim? Were they a member. If you know who it was I could send them a private message asking for advice/details. Cheers pal.

Monsieur Noboir.

'twas someone on here Nobbers, probably Shao from above :whistle: Not too sure who though.......

If you get it sorted quickly, you might find your existing premium will still cover you for a while.

I know Admiral pull a fast one by terminating your policy if there is a write-off claim against it, and you get none of the money back - read that small print :vmad:

Simon

PS Downloaded the Saint Germain Pres Cafe 2! :wub:

They were not so much slow with me, dealer took longer to deal with it than tesco did.

I would actually recommend Tesco so far - they were cr@p at getting accurate policy docs out but the claim was quite painless.

I was crossing a roundabout in Milton Keynes, and as people do the in MK, the road narrows from 3 lane piece of road to 1 lane on the roundabout and a vectra swerved across the front of me, realised what he had done and stopped!!! I drove straight into the back of him.

Tesco are actually fighting the claim on the basis that he showed poor lane disapline (ie not driving in accordance with the highway code) and also he cut the braking distance by swerving like he did, so he was in fact responsible for me hitting him as I no longer had room to stop.

Now I like that kind of attitude, all to often in the past I have seen insurers only to willing to accept a knock for knock, when in this instance it was nobby vectra owner not having a clue.

All I can say with tesco is - was the dust on the road dropped by the tractor you were catching up? Was their other substances on the road - give them a reason and they seem to want to fight on your side. :shuriken:

Archived