Privilege sucks... but Halifax rule!

Hi all... good to be back after some time away.

Well, it reached that time of the year again... another claim-free 12-months and a year older, but privilege put up my insurance by over 30%!!!!

I rang them today to find out what was going on, but after speaking to three people (none of which could help or explain) I gave up on them. In fact, all they could do was to confuse themselves and me with varoius statements like 'we owe you some money'... 'no we don't'... it's gone up, no down, no up again.....Arrggghhh! The reason I even bothered to phone is that they are the best quote so far on the 911 that will arrive in 3 months :D and if I could avoid swapping around it would save me some time.

So... privilege... you suck big time. Your staff don't know their own job, and your quote is abysmal.

So I shopped around a bit, and came across Halifax insurance (underwritten by eSure). Came in at £593 on my Boxster S... a saving of over a hundred quid on last year and a cool £450 cheaper than Privilege! Strangely enough, they were £50 cheaper than eSure too (market segmentation strikes again!), so a good deal I think. OK, so I might have to cancel it after 3 months and move back to Privilege, but it will be worth it, even if I just save £100 over that time!

Cheers,

Gary D.

Gary,

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was with Privelege for 2 years and then suddenly the premium jumped. Also the customer service was appaling. One claim took nearly six months to sort out. It was one of those ones where you tell the same story to a hundred different ppl, send a hundred faxes, etc. and get really irate.

Now, I'm with Bell Direct, who have been wonderful.. :)

Gary,

I juts tried both esure and Halifax following your recommendation.

Neither could quote based on:

'your age and type of vehicle'.

I am 24 with 7 years protected no claims (touching wood!)

What more can I do than that and yet I am sure they would insure a spotty 17 year old on a rs turbo who in my opinion is a far higher risk than I!

:vmad:

glad you got a good quote but i think it is a lottery as to who insures who and for what price...

p

Ive just tried Halifax myself, £585 fully comp,protected NCD, £100 excess, thats £120 cheaper than the quote I had last week from esure!!!

I;m well chuffed :woot:

Archived