New Warranty for Boxster Owners...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
""" So if I read it right, Warratywise wont cover oil seals if your car is over 3 yrs old??  """

Bah... :(

Where does it say that?

What about Warrantt Works though?

Two different companies?

I went with warranty works and checked all the wording.. pretty sure they DONT have this 3 year old clause on seals.

Took a copy of all the terms and wording ;)

I bought my warranty with them yesterday over the phone. Spoke to a nice guy who explained in detail what was and what wasn't covered. I asked about the seals being that my car is 5 years old and he said they were all covered!

3 year platinum warranty @£630 = brilliant value & peace of mind. Only wish I had known about it earlier ( 2 weeks ago) when my air sensor went ( that's covered too).

BTW- For a small fee the warranty can be transferred to a new owner if you sell your car. This may help you sell your car.

cheryl

xx :wub:

Just signed up for the 3 yrs Platinum policy as you never know what might go wrong! 

I wonder if they will still be offering such a 'good deal' once a few large claims start coming in ??????? :ermmm:

Good going... Well after the "Warranty Direct" experience.... My advice to all would be to get your warranty sorted quick time... otherwise it will have to be the £740 p/a warranty from Porsche themselves....as I could not find any other warranty company that would even do a warranty for a Boxster...

Surprising that such a highly rated motor doesn`t bring confidence in the eyes of these warranty companies.. and Porsche refuse to acknowledge their common faults... please.........! :whistle:

Peace of mind is worth paying for......... :rolleyes:

Is this the best cover we can find at £1000?

I would like to have more cover for my new "S" just in case. £2500 would be nice.

Looking on the web but cannot find anything.

So is that it. Porsche for full engine cover up to value of car or Warranty Works at £1000?

Dickie

I would like to have more cover for my new "S" just in case. £2500 would be nice.

So is that it. Porsche for full engine cover up to value of car or Warranty Works at £1000?

Dickie

Im picking up my new 2003 S on friday which is just out of manufacturers warranty and whilst i believe the Porsche Warranty to be a rip off, im slightly uncomfortable too with the 1000 claim limit offered by warranty works. Had there been a higher claim limit such as the 5 or 6k which used to be offerd by Warranty Direct i may have gone for it. I also dont think the 2500 limit policy is worth it as its getting on for the same money as the porsche one, especially if you took off the included porsche assist worth about 100quid

Therefore for this first year, im sticking with the porsche warranty for peace of mind. Should i have a year of trouble free motoring then I may try a third party warranty company (if theres any left by then!) as i'll be more comfortable with my car.

Im normally happy to take small risks such as these but until im happy with my car (even though its just had its first full service with no work needed), i'd rather pay for peace of mind.

I hate the thought of chucking 400-500 quid away but having a 30k motor with outstanding finance still to pay off the road with a blown engine and a 10k bill keps me awake at night!

Just my thoughts!

Dan

Dickie

Im picking up my new 2003 S on friday which is just out of manufacturers warranty and whilst i believe the Porsche Warranty to be a rip off, im slightly uncomfortable too with the 1000 claim limit offered by warranty works. Had there been a higher claim limit such as the 5 or 6k which used to be offerd by Warranty Direct i may have gone for it. I also dont think the 2500 limit policy is worth it as its getting on for the same money as the porsche one, especially if you took off the included porsche assist worth about 100quid

Therefore for this first year, im sticking with the porsche warranty for peace of mind. Should i have a year of trouble free motoring then I may try a third party warranty company (if theres any left by then!) as i'll be more comfortable with my car.

Im normally happy to take small risks such as these but until im happy with my car (even though its just had its first full service with no work needed), i'd rather pay for peace of mind.

I hate the thought of chucking 400-500 quid away but having a 30k motor with outstanding finance still to pay off the road with a blown engine and a 10k bill keps me awake at night!

Just my thoughts!

Dan

My sentiments exactly. I am picking up my new "S" on Thursday. It has took me alot of saving to be able to afford her. I dont want to ruin that with a blown engine costing me £10k.

My first BoXa I dare not drive due to all the horror stories, blown engine. rms etc etc.

This new one I want to drive and not having to worry about any noises or squeeks from the engine.

How much is the Porsche Warranty Dan? I presume it is provides cover up to the value of the vehicle.

Can you just call them up and arrange it as long as it has all its stamps in the service book or do they need to inspect the vehicle first?

Dickie

Dickie

Just my thoughts!

Dan

My sentiments exactly. I am picking up my new "S" on Thursday. It has took me alot of saving to be able to afford her. I dont want to ruin that with a blown engine costing me £10k.

My first BoXa I dare not drive due to all the horror stories, blown engine. rms etc etc.

This new one I want to drive and not having to worry about any noises or squeeks from the engine.

How much is the Porsche Warranty Dan? I presume it is provides cover up to the value of the vehicle.

Can you just call them up and arrange it as long as it has all its stamps in the service book or do they need to inspect the vehicle first?

Dickie

Hi Dickie,

I believe its 725 pounds (must change my keyboard mapping so i get a pound sign back!) For this you also get a years porsche assist (break down service) which i reckon is worth about 100-150

I thnk OPC's charge an inspection fee if your cars been out of warranty for a while. (guessing 100-150) I think they also insist on a full porsche service history - may be wrong though.

Sounds like your in exactly the same boat as me. As mine had a full (2yr) service last friday and hasn't been driven since im expecting not to pay the inspection. I'll be calling the OPC that did the service tomorrow.

Enjoy thursay!!

Dan

Dickie

Im picking up my new 2003 S on friday which is just out of manufacturers

warranty and whilst i believe the Porsche Warranty to be a rip off, im slightly uncomfortable too with the 1000 claim limit offered by warranty works. Had there been a higher claim limit such as the 5 or 6k which used to be offerd by Warranty Direct i may have gone for it. I also dont think the 2500 limit policy is worth it as its getting on for the same money as the porsche one, especially if you took off the included porsche assist worth about 100quid

Just my thoughts!

Dan

Dickie

Hi Dickie,

I believe its 725 pounds (must change my keyboard mapping so i get a pound sign back!) For this you also get a years porsche assist (break down service) which i reckon is worth about 100-150

I thnk OPC's charge an inspection fee if your cars been out of warranty for a while. (guessing 100-150) I think they also insist on a full porsche service history - may be wrong though.

Sounds like your in exactly the same boat as me. As mine had a full (2yr) service last friday and hasn't been driven since im expecting not to pay the inspection. I'll be calling the OPC that did the service tomorrow.

Enjoy thursay!!

Dan

Thanks Dan. I will check with Porsche tomorrow. Mine does have full OPC service history and has just been serviced so should qualify.

Dickiegibbo

I've been quoted just under £240 inc VAT by two different OPCs (West London and Guildford) to inspect a 2.5 Boxster. Am I being ripped off ?

It's my understanding (having recently had a quote for a sports exhaust) that OPC and 'rip off' are synonymous ;)

Regards

Java John

Just to clarify, the Porsche warranty is £740 per annum, and the Warranty Works warranty (£2.5k limit) is £640 for 3 years. For absolute peace of mind, the Porsche warranty is the way to go. If you think the chances of a blown engine are extremely unlikely, then the Warranty Works warranty seems very reasonable to me. The third option of course is not to bother. Are you feeling lucky? RMS, wot RMS ;)

Regards

Java John

Just to clarify, the Porsche warranty is £740 per annum, and the Warranty Works warranty (£2.5k limit) is £640 for 3 years. For absolute peace of mind, the Porsche warranty is the way to go. If you think the chances of a blown engine are extremely unlikely, then the Warranty Works warranty seems very reasonable to me. The third option of course is not to bother. Are you feeling lucky? RMS, wot RMS ;)

Regards

Java John

A local indepdent Porsche dealer has quoted me £600 to replace the RMS. Didnt think this was too bad.

The worrying thing is that I have not got an RMS Problem and I am getting quotes.

I must have so much confidence in my new "S"

Dickie

Regards

Java John

A local indepdent Porsche dealer has quoted me £600 to replace the RMS. Didnt think this was too bad.

The worrying thing is that I have not got an RMS Problem and I am getting quotes.

I must have so much confidence in my new "S"

Dickie

Before I purchase some warranty cover, can anybody indicate if £1000 of cover would insurer the following:

Air Flow Sensor

Clutch

RMS

Wheel Bearings

Brake Discs and Pads ( I know they may not be covered but it does say ALL

components in the cover)

Blown Engine = £12,000!

These are all things that have been discussed on here in the last month.

Anything else that is a common replacement fault on boxas?

Dickie

I doubt you could claim for brake discs/pads...

Engine... no way would £1000 cover it.

The rest it would be ok as long as it didnt all happen at once (you get £1000 PER CLAIM, not total cover).

so £2500 cover may not be worth it then. Most things under £1000 other than engine and £2500 wouldnt cover that.

Dickie

There has been some discussion about just how comprehensive the cover is on the Porsche Warranty for cars outside the 2 yr manufacturer warranty. It seems that this 'extended' warranty doesnt have the same level of cover as the 'new car' warranty.

Plenty discussion here on the merits of OPC extended warranty

For the mods, im posting this link as the thread is far too long to quote

Archived