AXA disgraceful operating practice

Hi guys, what do you think to this one then.

I currently have two insurance policies with AXA. I have had an Astra that was insured first, before I bought the Box, so this is the policy that retains the no claims bonus. They mirror the no claims on the Box. All well and good till the insurance ran out on the box and they told me that they no longer did this type of business and had passed it on to the RAC and increased my premium by ocer £400 (to £966).

So I phone round and got a quote form the First alt at £567, but it ment AXA moving the no claims from the Fiesta to the Box, so I called them, this ment now that I would have to pay an increase in premium as the fiesta had an effective 1 years no claims on it of £52. While they were sorting this out, the guy on the desk in front of AXA man did a search to see who would be the cheapest to insure the Box now that I had the full no claims on it....and guess who came out tops (£662)???

You've got it AXA

So now, they are still going to insure both cars as before, accept its costing an extra £95 for the box and £52 to have the privalige of insuring a 1.3 Fiesta with them? to*sers

So can anyone tell me why they have stopped accepting this kind of business and who I can compain to about their business ethics??

Cheers, a very annoyed

Tony

Dont quite understand...

To clarify:

You insured an Astra.

Sold it.

Bought a Boxster.

Swapped insurance from Astra to Boxster for remainder of the policy?

- If this is the case, and you made no claims, then you are entitled to the no claims discount from that year of the policy, plus any that built up. You don't lose no claims just because you sell the car.

Then you bought a Fiesta, but they wouldn't accept your no claims from the Porsche, and allow you to use it as well on the Fiesta???

Could you not have put the Fiesta in your Wife's/Mothers/fathers/Son's/Daughter's name and drive it 3rd party on your AXA insurance policy? As long as it's taxed and you can drive other car's 3rd party on your insurance it should be perfectly legal as long as you're not the registered keeper.

...and it stops the Liberty taking ******* from charging you more cash!!!

- the only problem would be re-taxing time when you would have to Insure it for your (family member), tax it for a year, then cancel the insurance??? Don't know if this helps £ wise????

No, I had an Astra

Bought a boxter on another policy, mirrored from the Astra.

Sold the astra and transfered that to the Fiesta (this is where the full no claims rests).

Remember that AXA originally mirrored my full no claims on both policies.

Now they are saying that they will still insure the Porsche but through the RAC for a £400 mark up.

But if I transfer the main no claims to the Porsche, they will give me a cheaper quote, but only if I cough up an extra £50 for the fiesta.

So basically they say they are not insuring cars any more, BUT, they really are, but throiugh the RAC with a 90% mark up.

Archived