Gap Insurance

Just had a call from the dealer asking if I want GAP insurance as pick up the 987 in a week.

Just wondered if anyone had taken it out with the OPC and how much they paid.

I'm not really sure if it is worth it.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Also, still trying to take out insurance for Boxster. Some companies want tracker.

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company?

Thanks

Just had a call from the dealer asking if I want GAP insurance as pick up the 987 in a week.

Just wondered if anyone had taken it out with the OPC and how much they paid.

I'm not really sure if it is worth it.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Also, still trying to take out insurance for Boxster. Some companies want tracker.

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company?

Thanks

I found Giles insurance to be really good ask for Neil he's the boss and he looked after me .saved us over a grand :bana: 01628667707.

good luck :)

Thanks Ming

Just been doing quotes on the 987 and Bell Direct seem pretty good. The only problem is that they do not cover optional extras, but I guess I could take up gap.

I have 2 cars, but only have full no claims on one and bell direct will honour the full no claims on both cars if they are both with them.

Anyone insured with Bell Direct?

Does anyone else know of companies that will honour full no claims on 2 cars.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks Ming

Just been doing quotes on the 987 and Bell Direct seem pretty good. The only problem is that they do not cover optional extras, but I guess I could take up gap.

I have 2 cars, but only have full no claims on one and bell direct will honour the full no claims on both cars if they are both with them.

Anyone insured with Bell Direct?

Does anyone else know of companies that will honour full no claims on 2 cars.

Thanks

Tony

Giles did that for us :D:D

tony,

have a look around this forum or do a search.. theres absolutely bags of topics telling you about GAP and the best place to get insurance..

Personally, I took out GAP coz I think its worth it and my insurance is with Elephant coz they were about the 5th of the price of the cheapest runner up.. (though I hear First Alternative are good as well)

I have decided to go with Lombard (part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group) for my GAP cover.

For the benefit of anyone else who may be interested, the cost of the cover for my 997 is £8.25 per month over 3 years (approximately £300). The maximum amount they would pay out is £15,000 (which hopefully should be more than my 997 will depreciate in that time ;) ). Their contact number is 0116 282 8300.

gap is a waste of money

well...

can't argue with that..

well done basalt, wish i was so elequent (and could spell elequent)

:end_of_discction: i'm off to find a topic askin what i think of the caymen wipe the floor with them all by simply writing "its cr*p"

gap is a waste of money

well...

can't argue with that..

:end_of_discction: i'm off to find a topic askin what i think of the caymen wipe the floor with them all by simply writing "its cr*p"

Top man

gap is a waste of money

well...

can't argue with that..

If I used my porsche each day and had finance on my car, GAP Cover would be at the top of the list.

Personally, being in insurance, I have seen many instances over the years, when people are still paying outstanding finance when their cars have been written off.

Just hope it never happens to you basaltbox.

Dickie

gap is a waste of money

well...

can't argue with that..

If I used my porsche each day and had finance on my car, GAP Cover would be at the top of the list.

Personally, being in insurance, I have seen many instances over the years, when people are still paying outstanding finance when their cars have been written off.

Just hope it never happens to you basaltbox.

Dickie

Thanks for the kind thoughts..

It won't happen to me as I don't have finance on the car.

Pound for Pound it's an extremely expensive insurance marketed by the insurance companies to people who feel vulnerable when they are just financing cars. Pockets get lined all round with this one

If you structure your finance arrangements to be more closely aligned to the depreciating value of the car, then you will save heaps over the impulse purchasing you feel is necessary to close the gap !.

People are kidding themselves structuring finance arrangements which do not have a high enough monthly payment up front, and hence get a good feel factor that the car is more affordable. You are about to buy your dream car and then the sales guy (looking for another markup) springs gap on you.

but it isn't just about beatin negative equity.. even if you have zero finance on the car, the car still depreciates.. i like the idea that if something happens to the car i get what i paid for it back.. can buy a brand new one!

..and as for lining peoples pockets.. its 300 quid mate! its bugger all when you've already paid £35k for the car. would hate to lose 10 grand just coz i wouldn't spring an extra few quid to spite an evil salesman :vampire: after his big mark up

Well I'm glad that some of you guys agree with me!! My 997 is not financed but I feel better knowing that for just £8.25 per month I can virtually guarantee that should anything disastrous happen to it over the next 3 years (e.g. insurance write-off or unrecoverable theft), I can replace it with a brand new one if I wish.

Archived