Insurance

Only 4 weeks or so to wait so I am starting to think of arranging insurance. Any help would be appreciated. My best quote so far is about £950 with the A Plan. This is myself only to drive and with 7 years no claim bonus. Does that sound about right?

Try First Alternative, they have so far been the cheapest for me, I was quoted 900+ from Elephant but Fist Alternative quoted me 750 (7 years NCB, 30 years old, garaged overnight) don't charge extra for having any extras on the car.

I am keeping my current car, insured with Admiral for about £500 but will add on the Porsche for a further £1000 odd, so can anyone recommend a company that will insure the Box and take account of the 9 years or more No Claims that I have with the Beemer.

I am keeping my current car, insured with Admiral for about £500 but will add on the Porsche for a further £1000 odd, so can anyone recommend a company that will insure the Box and take account of the 9 years or more No Claims that I have with the Beemer.

You married Croyde?

If so, put the Beemer in your wives name as a 2nd car. There are a few insurers like Provident/Fortis etc who would give you a 2nd car 65% Intro (Equivalent to 5 years) and put the 9yrs NCD on the BoXa. I would recommend you speak to an insurer broker, not these Bangalore Direct Insurers.

Adrian Flux at Kings Lynn are quite good for this type of thing Standard and Non-Standard Cars, so they could help you on both vehicles. If you explain what you want to do I am sure they will help you.

Their website is here, but I would call them Monday personally.

Website

Hope it helps

Dickie

:bana:

I seem to have done real sweet with my insurance, £650 Fully Comp with all the extra bits windscreen/legal and protected. I've had one claim in 2002 (hit deer with my s2k), the misses has 6 points for speeding. This is through FRIZZELL (liverpool victoria) insurance, these guys weren't bothered if it had Tracker or not. Excess is £300 and I'm 31 yrs old.

Check them out = 0800272333 :rocks:

Sainsburys for me this year......

am 38 full NCD, 3 points, live in london village.....£700 fully comp protected. There is a £500 mandatory excess tho.

32,no points.full NCB.includes hubby as driver....£470 with Halifax

I have managed to get a quote for £430 from Privilege - full NCD + protected NCD for the new car - but they won't insure my mk4 Golf GTI as it is too great an insurance group from the Boxster.

I still need to sort something out for this - but my wife has the points and reversed into my neoghbours car 2 years ago - god bless protected no claims :)

They do insist on a tracker - but I managed to get the OPC to install that as part of the deal. :blush2:

Oh the car is 'garaged or on a drive' and I live in an OK part of Edinburgh

Phil

Sainsburys were great for me, and they didnt want a tracker    :)

Sainsburys also quoted me £480 fully inclusive of all factory fit options (PASM, 19" wheels etc) However, I asked for confirmation fom a supervisor but none was available.

Does anyone know for certain that Sainsbury's cover does indeed cover factory fit options; if yes, then I will go with them. Thanks in advance.

Sainsburys were great for me, and they didnt want a tracker    :)

Sainsburys also quoted me £480 fully inclusive of all factory fit options (PASM, 19" wheels etc) However, I asked for confirmation fom a supervisor but none was available.

Does anyone know for certain that Sainsbury's cover does indeed cover factory fit options; if yes, then I will go with them. Thanks in advance.

Managed to get this confirmed today. Options are included in on line quote. (Recorded conversation for posterity) :D

• 3 weeks later...

Have just tried A Manning, who were very knowledgable, but could not offer cover as you need to have had 5000+ miles experience in a simliar power rear wheel drive vehicle.

Beemer at 180bhp and rwd, owned for 7 years not a contender

Said I should try next year.

With Admiral who have quoted me £930 and I'll change main driver on the Beemer to my wife, which costs less then at the mo'?, at £471. They have offered her full No Claims, even tho' she has not had her own insurance for years, and the fact that I will insure the new Porsche with them.

So 42, Married, kids, London parked in street, Beemer 2.5 and 987 2.7 fully comp for around £1400.

Anyone think I should keep looking.

Just had my renewal notice from the Halifax this morning - Boxster 'S' MY01, 7 years NCD (protected), legal protection, garaged: £453.

Regards

Java John

But are they covering your factory fitted options?

Yes, all factory fitted options are covered. I checked this when taking out the policy last year. They were only concerned with modifications made to the car after manufacture.

BTW - I forgot to mention that my compulsory excess was £300 and voluntary excess £150. The excess does affect the premium a fair bit. For example, I've just had an online quote from First Alternative for £414. On further investigation I find that the compulsory excess is £500 with a voluntary excess of £150. When I lowered the compulsory excess to £300 the premium rose to £469.

Ask the specific question, 'If I have an accident, and the repair involves any of the factory-fitted options, will they be replaced - or will the car be returned to the standard specification (without options)?' I am assured that none of the mainstream insurers (particularly those who handle internet-based business) will replace factory-fitted optional items. They may be listed, and you may have had your premium loaded, but I anticipate that is only because your car is more attractive to thieves!

Ask the specific question, 'If I have an accident, and the repair involves any of the factory-fitted options, will they be replaced - or will the car be returned to the standard specification (without options)?'  I am assured that none of the mainstream insurers (particularly those who handle internet-based business) will replace factory-fitted optional items.  They may be listed, and you may have had your premium loaded, but I anticipate that is only because your car is more attractive to thieves!

I phoned up Halifax again today to double check. I read out your question above, and again, they stated that I'm covered for the repair/replacement of all factory fitted options. I also didn't need to specifically list the factory fitted options. They said they were only concerned with aftermarket modifications.

Hope this helps!

Archived