Warranty Works

After reading UH-Matt topicof warranty workd not paying, is it still worth taking out a policy???

Gettin a bit confused here, I thought Warranty Works were a decent ish bunch is there something I should know? Was going to insure with them next week.

After reading UH-Matt topicof warranty workd not paying, is it still worth taking out a policy???

Gettin a bit confused here, I thought Warranty Works were a decent ish bunch is there something I should know? Was going to insure with them next week.

UH-Matt tried to claim for a brake failure which they stated was wear and tear and was excluded. This was very debatable. Matt decided to cancel the policy. He is the only one who has claimed thus far and could be a one off. His policy was only a few weeks old too and they could easily state the fault was there before the policy was taken out - thus not insured!

I have a warranty works policy and are keeping it. I am an insurance broker and have read the policy in great detail. Nothing springs out at me as alarming. Just hope they dont use the "wear and tear" get out clause on every claim. Cant see it to be honest, as they would be alot of bad press for them if they did this.

Will let you know when I make my first claim!

Just my 2p worth!

Dickie

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get my refund after a bit of a fight.

Warranty Works is run by a single person I think (as same guy -Andrew- was always on the phone when I tried to call) and it caused me a lot of stress trying to either claim or get my money back. They really would have used any excuse not to pay out.

Im sorry but a brake servo failing is NOT wear and tear.

Archived