Whats the latest with Warrantys then?

I know I'm probably gonna be going over old ground here, but I've done all the searches and the warranty companies seem to be changing all the time, so I was just wondering if anyone can let me know the latest. :blink:

I've got a '97 2.5 and previously haven't had cars worth having a warranty on, so haven't bothered up til now, but all the scary engine failure stories are making me change my thoughts.

I'm wondering which companies to avoid and who you guys are with. I want something that'll cover the engine, but hopefully I want to find something cheaper than the OPC one.

Are these warrantys worth the money too. I mean will the company try everything they can to avoid paying out or are they pretty fair. Do they carry out inspections of the car before they cover it?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just new to this and don't want to waste my hard earned cash on something thats not gonna cover a damn thing

Cheers everyone

I've just tried them and it was £381 for 12 months for Platinum Cover, with a £1000 limit.

It doesn't seem a lot of cover considering how much a new engine could cost, is this typical of whats on offer if you don't choose the OPC one? I did like the £381 part though!

I take it from how you said 'then avoid' that they're not exactly the greatest company to go with anyway.

Anyone know where I should try?

I've just tried them and it was £381 for 12 months for Platinum Cover, with a £1000 limit.

It doesn't seem a lot of cover considering how much a new engine could cost, is this typical of whats on offer if you don't choose the OPC one?  I did like the £381 part though!

I take it from how you said 'then avoid' that they're not exactly the greatest company to go with anyway.

Anyone know where I should try?

Why not get the Porsche warranty? £725 including Porsche Assistance. PA costs £135, therefore effective cost of warranty is £590. Covers up to the value of the car and virtually as good as the original manufacturers warranty. Peace of mind all round :)

Is that how much it is? I thought I read on here somewhere it was £900 and then there was an inspection fee plus whatever they find on that inspection, which at OPC prices won't be cheap?

Is that how much it is?  I thought I read on here somewhere it was £900 and then there was an inspection fee plus whatever they find on that inspection, which at OPC prices won't be cheap?

I just bought mine at OPC Reading at the weekend for £725. No mention of an inspection. My car was 2 years old last November and was serviced at that time.

Is that how much it is?  I thought I read on here somewhere it was £900 and then there was an inspection fee plus whatever they find on that inspection, which at OPC prices won't be cheap?

I just bought mine at OPC Reading at the weekend for £725. No mention of an inspection. My car was 2 years old last November and was serviced at that time.

Watch this space. Mine is going in the garage next Wednesday for an inspection.

Have developed an oil leak over the past week. Only a few drops over a couple of days, but want it checking out. I am with Warranty Works. :(

As I am an insurance exec by day, I will be the perfect example to test this policy. They will not be pulling the wool over my eyes. I have read and understood the policy wording and there should be no problem. If there is I know what to do to get it sorted.

On the RENNTECH website, they define RMS Failure as a faulty design, not wear and tear. This is the same as with other forums and internet sites. I bet this is why they have increased the price as they have realised the potential claims that could happen.

Will keep you all posted.

Archived