Admiral Arrghhh

After being much impressed by the Admiral Insurance lady who was very professional dealing with changing my Beemer to the, soon to be collected, 987 insurance and telling me that it would be no problem to send a covernote direct to the dealer, so it can be taxed, as well as to myself...

I find out today that the dealer has not received it and Admiral say that they have not sent it. Good job I checked.

They say that they will send one by recorded post to get there Tue but I fear that it would be too late for my Thur pick up :vmad::vmad:

Anyone know the dealer turnaround from getting the covernote to collecting the tax disc?

Pre-warned, and with a local licensing office, it could be carried out while you complete the other documentation and vehicle inspection associated with car purchase.

Lots of dealers issue the tax disc on-site these days so it should'nt be a problem..............oh hang-on its opc isnt it !!!!!

cr*p, dose that mean I need to get the cover note to the dealer before they can tax the car and then hand it over to me?

I was just planning to phone the insurers the night before I'm due to pick it up.

Please tell me that its not like this, can’t remember the set up from my last new car.

For a new car, the dealership needs a covernote before it can 'tax' the car - essential for a new car, and no way around it; however, if it's a used car with a valid RFL, they can let you drive it away at your risk.

Fraid so Renquist, get onto your insurer tomorrow pronto.

Does anyone know if a faxed copy will do??

Always worth checking for cheaper quote when changing car

Been looking since the beginning of the year but they came out the cheapest including swapping the Beemer to the wife and giving her 5 years no claims as an introductory offer. FA were about 200 quid cheaper for me but then she was about the £200 more expensive.

Always next time methinks.

Archived