Warranties - who does them now?

Warranty Direct won't renew any Boxsters.

Porsche is £750 but I'd need inspection (£150) as currently use independent for servicing etc..

Warranty works do them - I believe one chap had a successful rms claim & helen is in the process of claiming for this.

Are WW & Porsche the only companies covering boxsters these days?

I'm also looking for a Warranty from June onwards - I may go for the Porsche one but it's pricey at £700+.

Does anyone know if the Warranty Works one covers the full value of the car ?

Ideally I want one that covers RMS, full new Engine costs etc if needed, i.e. it'll need to cover up to the value of the car !

Am slightly concerned about the horror stories on here re Engine failure, but not exactly too worried - I'm sure that for every one that fails there are about 100 out there which haven't.

Help much appreciated

Dave

Porsche is £750 but I'd need inspection (£150) as currently use independent for servicing etc..

Warranty works do them  - I believe one chap had a successful rms claim & helen is in the process of claiming for this.

Yep it was Me!!

Cheryl is claiming too!!

Anyone else in our club?

Dickie

Warranty works do them  - I believe one chap had a successful rms claim & helen is in the process of claiming for this.

Yep it was Me!!

Cheryl is claiming too!!

Anyone else in our club?

Dickie

Dickie - what's the claim limit and does your Wty cover Engine failure as well as RMS ?

Just had the RMS done this week under Porsche Extended warranty. Did not need to "claim" as such, just took it in without booking, they looked at it and confirmed RMS, booked it in, job now done. Remember that the Porsche warranty covers pretty much everything and includes Porsche Assistance in the price.

As an aside, I had a Cayenne 3.2 V6 Tiptronic as a courtesy car, doubt you would get that with a 3rd party warranty. I don't particularly like 4x4 type vehicles, I could choose a new Boxster S or the Cayenne as a courtesy car. Chose the Cayenne for novelty value and all I can say is :puke: It wallows around and is dog slow, the SatNav told me to do a U-turn in my drive when I was already pointing in the right direction (if I'd done a u-turn I would have crashed into the house) and on one occasion we got to a T junction and got no directions. It also drinks like a fish, 15mpg average and I don't think I drove it particularly hard. Anyway, it made a change.

Just had my Porsche warranty renewed and the OPC agreed to wave the £150 inspection costs providing I went through with the renewal, have a chat with the service manager and see if they’ll do the same.

Just had my Porsche warranty renewed and the OPC agreed to wave the £150 inspection costs providing I went through with the renewal, have a chat with the service manager and see if they’ll do the same.

I didn't pay an inspection fee either, in fact it was never mentioned.

Yep it was Me!!

Cheryl is claiming too!!

Anyone else in our club?

Dickie

I had the £1000 cover. If you your cover limit is higher engine failure will be included up to the limit.

Dickie

Dickie - what's the claim limit and does your Wty cover Engine failure as well as RMS ?

on warranty works limit cover is £1000 (but does cover RMS) for £369.60. Therefore if complete engine failure, I assume you are then not covered?? (replacement engine £10k++)

Other option is the Platinum with £2500 cover limit, but this still isn't enough plus it is £840 which is more expensve than porsche.

If you have a 2.5, it looks like we'll have to go to porsche for the warranty. 2.7,3.2 engines seem to have had not may problems, so less risk.

blimey - warranty direct insured me for approx £400pa with platinum cover, ie up to the value of the car so £25-30k which covers RMS and a total engine

Warranty Direct wont cover me? Just rang them, their reason for not covering me was that Boxsters were too problematic, and therefore uncover able. I brought the car in April privately, and got a unipart used car check. Part of the deal was a months warranty cover, when I went to register the warranty, I was told that Boxsters were not covered then as well. Is there anyone apart from Porsche that will cover me?

Archived