Insurance Help

Right as some of you are aware, I was hit in the rear last month (2nd May to be precise!).

The Damage caused was a small ripple on the rear bumper, cracked paintwork and a later discovered rear shock (noticed at service).

Anyway I wrote to the other guys insurance co (4th May 2005) and followed this up with a phone call, the result, he is not insured with us??? So phone the guy up (who has been helpful, the car is a company car) and he gave me the number of their broker, so I phone themk, the details have been forwarded to them from the first co, we seem to be getting somewhere............. anyway on friday (27th May) still nothing has happened so I decide to phone them (I have been chasing them twice a week all the way through) and they say they have nothing to do with that particular car, but are an agent for this guys company! so they tell me to phone another broker (this broker phoned me at the start of the month to say they would sort everything out at one of their approved body shops - not Porsche) I phone them and as I am not happy to go anywhere other than Porsche I have to deal with the insurance co direct, this being the first insurance co I contacted!

So I call them again, and they say they have not received the paper work, even though I had sent it too them on the 4th and they had forwarded it on elsewhere! No record on the computer is what they tell me so I go back to the Broker who says he will forward on the details and tells me to phone back on Monday (yesterday!). I phoned them yesterday and they now have the record of this claim, so I tell them about the additional damage (Shock) and they tell me to get another quote over to them and that they will phone back with a claim number, so I do that and they dont phone back!

So today I phone them and they tell me the system is down and that they cant do anything today..........so apparently they are going to call me again tomorrow!!!!!!!

This is really starting to p155 me off, my MOT is due on the 17th (while at Le-mans with the car) I need to get this sorted before I go (2 weeks tomorrow), obviously I cant get an MOT with a faulty shock! What should I do?? Any advice greatly appreciated........ should I just get the car booked in for the Shock at least and hope I get it back???? I feel like I am being punished for what the other party did..... Can I claim compensation for them arsing me around?? I've not been able to use my car to its fullest potential!

Hope that all makes reasonable sense, any help much apprecaited (again!)

Also if I don't get anywhere tomorrow should I get my insurance involved??? is that a good Idea??? not sure if that will affect my premium???

I thought if you had an accident you were supposed to inform your insurance anyway, whether you intend to claim or not.

They have been informed, I was happy to deal with it myself to begin with!

If I get them to persue it does it affect my policy in any way???

Do I end up paying the excess then having to claim it back?

Often if you have paid the legal protection premium your insurance company will sort it all out... but these days it seems too easy for insurance companies to decide that both parties have some blame so nick both parties ncd and charge the excess on repairs also.

Often if you have paid the legal protection premium your insurance company will sort it all out... but these days it seems too easy for insurance companies to decide that both parties have some blame so nick both parties ncd and charge the excess on repairs also.

being driven into from behind is a 'no fault claim,' fullstop.

being driven into from behind is a 'no fault claim,' fullstop.

Who are the Third Party Insurers? If you do it this way they may insist you take it to one of their select repairers. This is what you dont want and I dont think it will be sorted by the 17th of next month let alone this month! They will inspect your vehicle too which could take even longer.

Yes, you do need to notify your insurers and fill a claim form in whether you use your insurer or not. The vehicle will not be logged anywhere that it has had damaged, unless you are getting in the Cat A/B/C.D area?

Personally, if it was my vehicle, I would use my own insurer and get them to claim it back. Yes you will have to pay your excess but your legal expenses insurer will claim this back for you. along with hire car costs as you need another BoXa, especially if you are going Le Mans. Any out of pocket expenses and any Personal Injury Claim (Whiplash) :whistle:

Using your own insurer means you have control over your claim and it will be much faster for you to get sorted. You may even get it booked in this week. Presume you will want to use OPC Cambridge?

I hope this helps.

Dickie

Being driven into the back of does not always make you totally blameless, say you pulled out of a side street and someone hit you up the bum you would be at fault.

But I was not relating to this, I was just drawing attention to the fact that if your version of events is different to the other party then it makes it difficult for the insurance to judge. As most seem to have knock for knock agreements if they can take both lots of ncd then they win.

Archived