insuring Boxster as a 2nd car

Any recommendations on a source for Boxster insurance when it's a 2nd car? I'm not keen on applying my 5+ years NCB to only one car and paying full (i.e. no discount) on the other car when I can only drive one of them at once! The tin-top is a 4 year old 328 which wouldn't be cheap to insure without an NCB. Suggestions wlecome.

phelix (since there's already a felix!)

Two ideas for you.

One try Sainsburys insurance company...... theyve been great for me.

Also try Prestige Insurance 01843 226921 and ask to speak to steve. Explain your situation and he will be able to come up with the perfect solution !!!

Best Of Luck !

Had the same dilema, company car has 7 years NCB, paid as a separate policy in my name. In the end my insurance company NIG, split 2 years off the company car, and applied 5 years to both cars.

The only way you can do a deal like this is by using the same insurer as your other car. I got duped by esure, who allowed to me to purchase insurance, also let me indicate that it was not my main car, and that i regularly used another. When the policy was activated, they then would not honour my existing NCB as it was for another car, and therefore gave me seven days to get other cover :angry:

This was when i stared to negotiate with my existing insurer. The bottom line is that esure quoted me 425, but would not insure me :angry:

NIG increased my Volvo policy by 45.00, and eased out of my wallet 580 for the boxster. This is limited to 8000 miles per annum :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Gents,

I'm with 'Pace Ward Financial' their a broker, when I phoned them for insurance on my second car they search around for me and came up with a cracking deal and allowed me to use my no claim with both my policies - Happy Days!!

They are also very good at beating the previous best quote that you have had!!

If anyone interested I could dig out and post their telephone number

• 3 weeks later...

Archived