Where to get a sensible quote??

I'd be interested to hear if anyone <30 yrs old and living in the NW has managed to get a sensible quote for their Boxster? I've not bought one yet but only managed to get a quote of £1400 fully comp on a £22K s-plate 2.5 manual. Is this silly or should I accept? Most other quotes have been over £2k!!!

www.confused.com

(or .co.uk)

• 4 weeks later...

Best quote I have had so far is £1700 from Tesco.

I'm 28, 3yrs no claims and 1 fault accident, but zero points (touch wood!).

Car will we garaged and I live the the NW.

Let me know how you get on, because I would be very interested if you can find a good quote.

Nearly forgot .. this quote is on a new S.

I've been looking for the past two weeks in prep for delivery Sept.

Had quotes between £1600 down to £980. Tried Axa last week and quoted £762, even the guy on the phone was suprised but said Axa are pretty hot on performance cars. - a bit older at 35, 4 yrs NCD, living Cambridge for Boxster 2.7.

May be worth a try.

i've been with tesco's for a couple of years and their quotes are alway's hard to beat . but this year liverpool victoria managed to knock over £100 off tesco's quote. so im going with them this year. :bana:

tesco, bell, esure etc all cam out cheapest but unfortunately they would not insure a brand new S as they treated factory fitted options as extras - so could have been a bit costly if something had happened to car in the first year.

Try www.belldirect.co.uk. I'm 26, 2000 Boxster S, Fully Comp, Class 1 Business Usage & Protected No Claims works out at £1086. (6 years NC & garaged)

Matt

Thanks for that :bana: , my insurance is due up next month and they have just quoted me 837 with protected bonus, im 28 with no points or claims. Ace. I paid 1150 last year.

Received renewal this week,£1076.Phoned a number of firms this morning,bestpprice was More Than (Sun Alliance) £564,excess a high£750.Direct Line £741,excess£500.Living in Bromley area,57yrs.Full NCB,clean licence.Worth spending a few minutes on the phone.

I'm 23 and pay just over 1600 with 2Years NCB, its with Tesco on a T plate £25K 2.5 manual, its got Business use class 1 aswell. For some reason though when I was looking to buy both the 3.2 and 2.7 were cheaper to insure than the 2.5!

Archived