young driver

Help? I'm 20 and will be ordering a new Boxster S in a few weeks time :bana: , so far I have come up with a £3300 insurance quote from Tesco's which has been the best yet. Considering I have 3 points on my licence :busted: I was quite surprised with this quote. Should I count myself lucky or does anyone think I could beat this. Thanks J

I'm 20 as well, and for my boxster I got it for 2000, although I got no points, no NCB and my boxter is 98 r reg. The cheapest quote i got was from a company in Bath, but i can't remember the name. I found it in this forum. Give it a try :neo: Tried a couple of big insurers and the almost laughed at me saying that no one would ever quote me. :woot:

there was an old thread about this- not sure where it has gone though.

basically you need to confirm with the insurers that they cover the market value of the car inclusive of extras. Places like elephant, esure tescos etc do not cover these and will simply only supply you with the base specification of the car. I've spoken to numerous insurers (and asked to speak to managers in all cases) to confirm what they were insuring and in the end I went with Direct Line who were only marginally more expensive but covered all the options I have had fitted.

You have to ask the question as its quite vague in the small print of all these policies. I've sent through my full spec/invoice to make sure they have a copy of all the extras I've had fitted!

good luck

Actually, eSure do cover the FF extras, and don't require a tracker, as I switched from Admiral to have this covered.

You will however have to get it confirmed by their underwriters at the time.

Indeed, the very one I own!! All the extras in my sig are listed and covered as they are not mods, but FF options.

I had this clarified by a number of people at eSure, to be sure (boom boom!! :o )

Archived