Renewal

Renewal time once again and last year with More Than was £523 this year £644, but i have added European breakdown cover.

To cut a long story short i rang More Than to establish how much the breakdown cover was and the insurrance, told that without breakdown the price would be £581.

Went onto confused.com, quote from More Than indicates £499.86 (without breakdown European cover) asked why their renewal is significantly different to the quote on confused and was told "For new customers only"

Refused to renew and instead accepted a quote from E-Sure, with breakdown cover (Not European) including the green card i need in July (the Ring), no tracker required = £493.83

Really dissapointed with More Than this year, i guess loyalty counts for nothing, their responce was just like the advert for Nationwide (New customers only & a Bit of bubbly for the shareholders)

Renewal time once again and last year with More Than was £523 this year £644, but i have added European breakdown cover.

To cut a long story short i rang More Than to establish how much the breakdown cover was and the insurrance, told that without breakdown the price would be £581.

Went onto confused.com, quote from More Than indicates £499.86 (without breakdown European cover) asked why their renewal is significantly different to the quote on confused and was told "For new customers only"

Refused to renew and instead accepted a quote from E-Sure, with breakdown cover (Not European) including the green card i need in July (the Ring), no tracker required = £493.83

Really dissapointed with More Than this year, i guess loyalty counts for nothing, their responce was just like the advert for Nationwide (New customers only & a Bit of bubbly for the shareholders)

It's a standard trick with all/most insurance companies, it is cheaper to buy as a new customer via their web page that renew an existing policy. Try that with your house and contents insurance too, don't just renew without checking on the internet first.

It seems short sighted to me that insurance companies employ this tactic, you wold think that someone who hasn't had an accident in x number of years would be a good asset and worth hanging on to, it is a reasonable bet that if you cost them nothing in year one you will cost them nothing in year two.

Archived