Tracker

Carlo

I am looking to insure my car with tesco and a requirement is that I have a tracking device installed.

For my own peace of mind I would also like one.

What type of device do you have fitted to your boxster?? How much, who fits them??

The one I would recommend is the middle tracker (there are 3 options), which is about 475.00 fitted. Then there is a life-time subscription option, which is 270.00 (or 99.00 per year). I may be wrong about these figures, but that's about right I think.

there are three types

Cheapest is called tracker retrieve around 275 plus fitting. This one you have to call when you discover car is stole or you been car jacked.

Then there is one for 500 pounds called Tracker monitor that has a movement sensor and related to igntion.

it get activated if car is towed or moved in any way with keys i ignition. Tracker then call you up.

The last one is called tracker horizon, about 700 pounds. This is the same as above but is also has a GPS device so they can tell exatly what street the car is on.

In all cases its 99 subscription a year. You have the option of paying 299 for the life of the car.

I had a z3 then a z4 and now a boxster.

I went for the tracker retrieve on my z3 and z4 but the orker came with a horizon.

the advantage for me by paying 99 pounds yearly was that i could transfer subscription car to car.

If i had paid 299 for life it would have gone when i sold the z3 and then i would have paid same with the z4 which also would have been a wast of money as i sold it two months later.

Think how long you gonna keep the car as the 299 for life deal doesnt suit everyone

hi raj, am i right in thinking that i can transfer my yearly subscription that i've already paid on my old car to my new 2.7? i've just sold my TT which i paid £99 and it doesn't expire until next may, so can i transfer this to my new tracker fitted to the 2.7?

how would you go about getting it changed over? what info do you need to change the subscription over?

cheers, sam

If you phone Tracker and tell them youve changed cars they'll update their records. It costs £30 to change over and doesnt matter whether you are going from Retrieve to Monitor or vice versa. I think you'll need the VIN number and reg number - they send you confirmation in the post afterwards.

I've got a tracker monitor.

If you can locate the old unit can't you pull it and refit to another vehicle.

Apparently not. They claim that moving the unit from one vehicle to another could make it less reliable, but I'm more inclined to think it's blatent profiteering on the part of Tracker! :ph34r::gun:

well i'm glad i've found this topic as i've saved myself a 100 quid on subscription, didn't know you could transfer from one car to another. took the telesales lady a while to understand what i was wanting to do but it's all sorted now

cheers :P

Sorted, booked in at Road Range in Liverpool next week, having the Tracker monitor fitted for a reasonable price. Was quoted by an independant and by a mercedes dealership and the OPC was cheaper by about £40.

That suprised me, and I get a car for the day! :bana:

Archived