Insurance Quotes

Still looking into buying a Boxster 2.7 but insurance is scaring me. Best quote I've had is £1575, cannot find cheaper - probably something to do with living in Belfast????

I'm 30, married, have the wife as a named driver (she has her own car though), no claims or points at all, full NCB, employed, parked in a driveway, all the normal stuff.

How can folk who are <30 yrs be getting quotes of £1200 ???

Still looking into buying a Boxster 2.7 but insurance is scaring me. Best quote I've had is £1575, cannot find cheaper -

:footy: I recently purchased my 2.7 boxster and was a little concerned by insurance - until, get this - £550 fully comp, legal protection, protected NC. This is with Sainsbury's - you get 10% discount for doing it online. My status is age 34, car garaged, quite low mileage, sensible job, live-in bird, tracker etc. They wont touch you if you are under 30. The girlfriend cant drive OUR car for another 2 years :D

You might also want to try E-sure - I believe they are the same company (halifax being the underwriters)

Good luck

I'm 26/27, renewal on 2.5 1998, value 25k was £760 this year, with 1 claim (but protected NCB - Full NCB Discount)

No points on licence etc etc, garaged, tracker retriec + factory fit security.

Direct Line.

We've just renewed ours through First Point 01604 499799 with NIG being the insurer for £710 incl legal cover and protected ncb.

Car is 2003MY Boxster S in my wifes' name with me as named driver. My wife is 37, I'm 40 we live in Southampton, 6 years ncb, 1 claim in 2001 no convictions or points. This was by a long way the best quote we got. They do require a tracker though, I now have a 14 day grace period to get it done.

Steve

PS, I have no association with First Point, I got their number out of GT Purely Porsche

i gotta pay £3450 odd for my S!!! Most tried to tell me it was gonna cost £8000!!! Tesco is by far the best

:o Thats alot, what have you done wrong to get a quote like that?

I found the Boxster S was cheaper to insure than the 2.5 I bought, it was about £50 pounds cheaper (so not alot)!! But I saved enough on the car to put a deposit on a house aswell, which I now don't plan to do for a year or so, I should have paid the extra for the S. Well I'm still happy with the 2.5 :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

AXA - £497.50 - 2000W 2.7, PNCD 10yrs+, Business Class 1, Me and misses, 10k annum, 1 conviction (SP60 !),£225 excess, legal protection - didn't bother with replacement vehicle or breakdown cover. Best so far and renewal due in in 2 weeks time. Unable to get internet quote as web site not playing but got the 5% internet discount anyway.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Archived