Chaucer Insurance

Jingle

Just coming up to insurance renewal time.

My current insurer want 2000 quid. A company named Chaucer are offering 1375 which is a massive saving. They appear to do the normal extras and don't seem to be giving me anything less but I wanted to checkout their reputation.

So, anyone heard of them, used them or been quoted by them?

Thanks for your help,

Jingle

Are you serious? I don't think its possible anymore. Royal Mail used to have no insurance and met their own claims. I think that's changed now and I'm not sure how it worked.

But realistically, you could look at setting up your own insurance company ;) I don't even think you need a million, more like £100,000 to start with.

You just need to be solvent and have a certain level of capital. In Guernsey, for example, the principal requirement is 100k in capital reserve. I guess that figure is set based on some kind of risk calculation..

if you go with chaucer, just make sure you disclose all your claims!

They do a CUE match on every new policy they take on. what this means is that the search a centralised database, where all insurers log previous claims.

if you go with chaucer, just make sure you disclose all your claims!

They do a CUE match on every new policy they take on. what this means is that the search a centralised database, where all insurers log previous claims.

Great advice, thanks Nicola.

Archived