Porsche official warranty - 2 types?

slapshot

My Cayman will be 2 years old in March and I'm about to buy the Porsche warranty for year 3.

Porsche offer a 1 year "Renewal" warranty at £784 and a 1 year "Stand-alone" warranty at £859

See HERE

The Porsche dealership quoted me £859 knowing I was still on the original 2 year manufacturer warranty. Surely this is a "Renewal" and should cost just £784 ?

Does anyone understand the difference?

Yes yours is a renewal - take your business elsewhere to another OPC. Your OPC is either confused, or playing silly buggers.

Just ring round and tell them your manufacturer's warranty is coming to an end and you want to renew. There will be plenty out there who will give you the right price i.e £700+

Yes yours is a renewal - take your business elsewhere to another OPC. Your OPC is either confused, or playing silly buggers.

Just ring round and tell them your manufacturer's warranty is coming to an end and you want to renew. There will be plenty out there who will give you the right price i.e £700+

Fair point, but it's not like there's an OPC on every street corner, and most of them are owned by Sytner where I'm based.

Car goes in for its 111 point check this morning. I'll let you know what happens re: warranty charge. I just hope they don't spot the Dension Gateway iPod interface :whistle:

You don't need to be there in person - they will check you car on the database and renew it over the phone and send you the documents! Silverstone is Sytner - but higher up you have a couple in Birmingham, and Notts - Solihull used to be Nick Whale; Sutton Coldfield and Notts is Pendragon. I think Leicester was Nick Whale and sold to Sytner. Or you could just ring Reading and ask them to renew you over the phone. Simples!

As yours is a renewal, there is no need for the 111 point check - that is for the likes of me, who've been out of Porsche Warranty and coming back into their scheme - not that I ever would now. Yours should just be a straightforward payment of the renewal fee.

I'm wondering why you have elected to have the 111 point check - unless its free, and its to pick up other warranty work required before you renewed!

Ok, Cayman passed its 111 point check without them spotting the Dension Gateway media interface :bana:

Sadly the 111 point check wasn't optional :money:

Total damage for 1 year extended warranty was £995.50

That breaks down as:

111 point check £180.00

1 year warranty renewal £615.00

Porsche Roadside Assistance £169.00

VAT £31.50

Archived