Company car insurance qoute

Emm

Having really bad problems trying to find company to give me quote.

I would be getting Boxster S as company car, so company is registered keeper but the insurance would be in my name ( I have this already on current car).

My current insurer Admiral say they no longer offer this! :huh:

I have found 2 companies so far but both are over 1k and I was hoping for something more like 700-800.

Does anyone have any experience of this and any companies they could recommend to try please.

Don't know any specifically, Have you tried all the usual suspects yet Emm ?

www.confused.com

eSure

Tesco

Elephant (same company as Admiral, but policies are slightly different)

More Than

Bell Direct

Direct Line

Privelege

AXA

There now, that should keep you busy for the rest of Friday afternoon

I do something similar, though only a humble Volvo.

I have the company car registered to me as the keeper, then there is no problem with the insurance.

The company hold the V5, so if i should leave (not likely as i am a shareholder) then the company could easily re-register the keeper.

Worth considering, and IMHO legal.

Thanks topbear-something to keep me busy!

Catsflap-That is what I wanted to do but my accountant advised against it as he implied it was not legal :unsure:

Bit like you I will not leave the company.

Hmmm rather confused now at what to do.

I have the company car registered to me as the keeper, then there is no problem with the insurance.

Should be able to do this.

On the V5 it says that the registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner.

Insurance companies are shying away from insuring cars owned and registered to the company you work for.

The reason being, in the event of the car being written off, they would normally pay the cheque to the policyholder, ie YOU. But you don't own the car and therefore have no insurable interest.

Doesn't help, but a little explanation as to why insurers are ar$e$ :angry:

Should be able to do this.

On the V5 it says that the registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner.

Our new company car scheme works along those lines in some way, it saves you having to pay Tax, although were the registered keeper and the company pays the insurance.

Archived