New Insurance for New Box

catsflap

Up until i disposed of the old Box, i was running two insurance policies, one for the box on 8000 miles per year, and one for the Volvo for full business use.

When i originally bought the box, i tried to insure with esure, as their rates are so much lower than anyone else. I hit a "snag", as i was unable to transfer some or all of the bonus off the volvo, as it was second car. This came about because, the esure website was not clear in this area. Consequently i had to go eat humble pie from the brokers we use as a company. They took two years off the Volvo, which cost me £64 as an additional premium, and a further £628 for the box, covered for the 8000 as previously noted. :vmad:

So speaking to my broker, after the first fiasco, said that the policy with Zenith would have to be stopped, as they would not cover any cars over 30k. Ok, so what can they offer? well Norwich Union £1280 and Churchill £918. I was not too surprised to have an increase, due to the vale of the new car. My broker confirmed that i no would be eligible for a certificate from current insurers to validate the 65% NCB.

I went to esure, covered the car for 10k miles, its garaged, i'm 37, and my wife is 39 withsocial domestic and basic commuting cover, although i will never take it to work (p*sses off the staff!), protecting my NCB, declaring my two sp30 from 1999, and insuring my wife, who has a clean licence, and no claims at all...... £515

Now how can there be that much difference between the various insurers. I would understand 10-15% due to the different way thay assess cars.

So as you can gather, it esure for me. :bana::bana::bana:

Now all i'm waiting for is the registration number from the OPC, who don't have any as they only opened last week :bored: Hope they receive them today, or it could really f@ck up the registering of this new car with the impending Christmas and New year holidays :ermmm:

have you tried doing a quote through www.confused.com they seem to work quite well!!

On the subject of price variation, I recently done a quote through confused.com and the prices varied from 278 - 1900+ :o

have you tried doing a quote through www.confused.com they seem to work quite well!!

On the subject of price variation, I recently done a quote through confused.com and the prices varied from 278 - 1900+ :o

i've tried confused a couple of times now and their quotes are no where near as good as I managed to get by looking around!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived