Boxster 2.7 insurance for a 20 year old

Not sure how many companies you have tried - AXA and Tesco were very good prices for me (£600), however I think your age is considered to be the biggest factor in assessing the risk- and something you cant do much about !

Have a look at the things you can change - miles travelled, Garaged, tracker security, higher excess, maybe the replacement vehicle supplied is of the same class, how have you described your job ?

Good luck !

hiya mate... I'm 21 and just bought a box, and the best I've found for insurance by a long way is Elephant..

Also, if you can find yaself a woman to put on the policy as the policy holder (ie girlfriend, mum etc..) that'll drop ya premiums right down.

When the box is delivered will you be 21? Coz I couldn't find anyone who would even quote me till I was 21... (hence having to wait till my B-day)

I will be 20 when i get the car.

My job title is ICT technician.

The quote i have had was £3300.00 and thats me as a named driver on my dad's with no protection and excess off £500.

I will give A-plan ago. Hopefully i can find somewhere cheaper.

Thanks everyone

the cheapest quotes i received were from axa or esure,couldn't even get quotes from some companies and i've got full no claims bonus in addition to being over 30 !! You'll find it difficult becasue of your age,£3k seems good to me as i've know people your age pay £1200 just for insurance on a vauxhall nova worth half the amount !!

Tesco is pretty good, I'm 23 and pay 1600 on my own name, with 2years NCB.

You can put higher excess which brings your policy down by almost the equivelent, ie an extra £100 on your excess will bring the policy down by about £100.

A-Quote used to be pretty good for me on my mums name!

Archived