Insuring Two Cars

Hi All,

If you are insuring two cars do they have to be on the same policy or can one be with Insurer A and another with Insurer B?

Thanks,

Jingle

Either way.

You can have a single multi-car policy or have two separate policies with the same insurer, or separate policies with separate insurers.

Remember though you cannot use your NCD from one policy on the second one, you effectively have to start again on the second policy as its a new policy. Although some insurers can provide incentives to give you a head start on the second policy if you have a car with them already.

I moved to Admiral from Direct Line and brought my other car along with the 550 and they mirror-imaged the 5 years NCD from the other car on to the 550. So I gotta win-win situation. Both policies (separate ones) added together are cheaper than the Box 550 with Direct Line alone.

That's the way ah-hah, I like it! :D

Either way.

You can have a single multi-car policy or have two separate policies with the same insurer, or separate policies with separate insurers.

Remember though you cannot use your NCD from one policy on the second one, you effectively have to start again on the second policy as its a new policy. Although some insurers can provide incentives to give you a head start on the second policy if you have a car with them already.

Most companies will insist that you are over 30, insured only or insured and spouse driving and accident and conviction free.

(well the companies I deal with do)

Elephant took my daily car policy which has a max NCD protected and gave me a 60% Discount on the 986 but i couldnt protect this policy until after a 12 month period had elapsed

Great service, best to phone them as the web / speak price has varied before for me :o

All our cars are insured by Elephant ;)

• 4 weeks later...

you kow this elephant company, there prie for me was VERY good...

do you they want paying the full amount right away or payments.. they dont make it clear... i would like a full payment then its done.. but i aint bothered just if anyone has used them what do you do?

£1745 for full cover... thats £600 cheaper than anyone else... about 60 places

Archived