elephant.co

There's many a thread on the subject of basic cars, opposed to cars with factory extras and the differing opinions of various insurance companies.

Just look through the insurance section!

The thing is............ If an assesor comes out, does he know exactly what the car should and shouldnt have on it ?

A little different perhaps if it has a Chavvy bodykit and 22" wheels

I dont think anyone has a bog standard car do they ?

If you ask for a delete boxster badge option should they be informed ? thats non standard IMO. Coloured crests ?

I didnt tell about leather sports seats as I when i bought it didnt know what was and wasnt standard.

Efelump are a little odd, on my old 964 it cost me £40 to declare a K&N and only £28 to declare a performance exhaust ! What one gave more performance ?

Oh.......... and by the way our 3 cars are all with Elephant so im not slating them, they are very competetive on price and have done good deals with me before

I insured mine through them this year, won't be doing so again. I didn't realise that you don't get thrid party for driving other cars. Only found out this when I took mine into get a service and tried to take out a loan car! Had to ring up a pay an additional fee which really annoyed me. I'd also driven my brothers car thinking I was insured! Clearly my fault though as I didn't read the polcy but still I always had that cover with other insurers. I also was clobbered by them whem I declared an SP30 3 points from a camera.

I suppose as with everything in life you get what you pay, cheap insurance=cheap cover.

I didn't realise that you don't get thrid party for driving other cars.

bloody hell - thats the first I knew about this :o

no wonder they are cheap

are there any other nasties I should be aware of? (I know about they don't do new for old on any options)

like does the fire cover not include flames that are hot :angry:

i just reinsured with this company. they charged an extra 65 quid just because my boxster s had half leather upholstery. has anyone else had this problem??

jay

I was getting charged extra for 18" wheels, full leather and sounds pack etc...

thats why i switched to Liverpool Victoria.. as long as it doesn't improve the performance of the car, they dont care.. + they dont care about points (unless banned), how many miles you do, Trackers, or where you park it..

So.. if you have a combo of the above, they are a good place to get a quote.. !

MikeV

LV came in at £757 with PCB for my 99T 2.5. I'm 48, no points, 6 years NCB, I live in Chiswick, West London, and the car's parked on street. I found that quite a few of the firms mentioned in posts won't cover if the car's kept on street. Tesco's were £100 more and also wanted a Tracker. My *broker* quoted £1200 (!) initially and then, when I expressed some astonishment found another quote at £943.

Service, so far, has been good. Documents etc received within 3 days of taking cover.

Archived