Insurers Approved Repair Centre

Hi,

Had somebody reverse into my Boxster today. My insurance company are saying I should use one of their approved repairers.

However everything I have done to the car I do thru an OPC so why should I use someone else in this instance.

Has anybody else had this problem? Should I be bothered about using somebody else. They claim it will have a 5 year guarantee etc.

Gutted!!!

Martin

They like you to think that you don't have a choice where you send your car to be repaired, as they get hugh discounts from the "approved repairers"

The truth is that you can send it anywhere you like. Any damage to mine would go straight to an OPC for repair...no arguments.

Sorry to read the bad news Martin. AndyS is correct, in fact you are legally entitled to choose where you have the car repaired. My boxster has been to the Porsche approved bodywork centre twice and the results are v good indeed. The work carries a lifetime guarantee provided you let them inspect it annually. Since the insurers are paying let Porsche take care of it. Good luck

Archived