nice day

alank

Sun was out today finally, so decided to take car to work (only had it a couple of months,and first time to work) . Pointed Fob at car, NOTHING, opened car with key all hell let loose with numerous sirens, quickly got key in ignition and silenced it.

Had a look in internet and discovered that system goes to sleep after 5 days, so in future I will just put key in door and unlock/lock to re arm it.

Anyway, Sun shining, roof down , howling engine and nearly didn't bother stopping at work. Hope sun stays out for a while

7 minutes ago, alank said:

Had a look in internet and discovered that system goes to sleep after 5 days

I believe it is also mentioned in the manual :whistle1:

The unlock/lock trick didn't work on mine (MY2001)

You have to unlock, open door and get that key in and turn it sharpish, after a second or two you can remove the key and continue to put your groceries in the frunk or whatever it was you wanted to do.

I'm hoping there might be a bit of sunshine at the weekend, so I can enjoy it too B) 

24 minutes ago, Tex24v said:

The unlock/lock trick didn't work on mine (MY2001)

No, it didn't for my 2001 986 either. Every so often people on here say that all you need to do to wake the system up is to lift up the driver's door handle but I'm sure that feature was only introduced later - probably on the 987 (or possibly the facelift 986, I'm not sure)

9 minutes ago, antjrice said:

I just let it deactivate and annoy the neighbours every now and again

Glad I live the other side of town to you then :)

Archived