Front 'Tuning Fork' Bushes ??

Lozzer

Hi All

I'll start with a 'Happy Christmas' - it is mid-November after all !

The front 'Tuning Fork' control arms on my 2001 Boxster need to be replaced due to worn bushes. This was identified at the first service I had at Cotswold Porsche and I think is the cause for a  rather annoying rattle/clunk every time I go over an uneven surface (the coffin arms have already been replaced). I have managed to put this off all year but the plan is now to sort it over the winter ready for spring, so I am now doing my research.

My question is simple - does anyone know why nobody (if I am wrong please point me in the right direction) produces replacement bushes for this part ? I can find replacements for pretty much every other suspension bush on the car but not this one ? As the arm itself is fine it will really grieve me to have to part with close to £200 to replace both arms in their entirety - surely there must be a good reason why this bush cannot be replaced ??

Any advise or explanation greatly received.

Cheers

I've not replaced my tuning forks, but when I had them off, the part that screws into the chassis moved quite freely and didn't feel like it was full of rubber inside. Felt more like a small bearing inside protected front dust and water by the rubber boot. 

Saying that, there are upgrade options (or looks like it)

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Track+Control+Arm+Inner+Bush/1525.html

Archived