Mushy headlamp seals

boxtaboy

Just curious if you guys also have this problem of the black rubber seal between the headlamp and fender deteriorating and then turning to a gooey mush. It's starting to happen to one of my headlamp seals, and Porsche doesn't sell the seal separately from the headlamp except for the Cayenne or 981. Has anyone found a decent workaround to replacing this seal?

Can't really see it as I cleaned it up already, but you can see what seal I'm talking about...

02BE2E87-6398-4EDF-8DA0-80B1B30EDFCC_zps

On 12/3/2016 at 4:26 PM, boxtaboy said:

Just curious if you guys also have this problem of the black rubber seal between the headlamp and fender deteriorating and then turning to a gooey mush. It's starting to happen to one of my headlamp seals, and Porsche doesn't sell the seal separately from the headlamp except for the Cayenne or 981. Has anyone found a decent workaround to replacing this seal?

Can't really see it as I cleaned it up already, but you can see what seal I'm talking about...

02BE2E87-6398-4EDF-8DA0-80B1B30EDFCC_zps

I think I have one (or both) of these spare from a pair of headlights I've recently opened up. You're welcome to have them for nothing. Send me a PM :)

14 minutes ago, geraintthomas said:

I think I have one (or both) of these spare from a pair of headlights I've recently opened up. You're welcome to have them for nothing. Send me a PM :)

Yes, thank you!! Will PM you!

Archived