Boxster S Insurance

Hi all

First posting on the forum- I'm not actually a Boxster owner yet, but I'm looking at buying in the next few weeks. BoXa.net's given me some handy tips already- Thanks!

Started looking at insurance and my best quote yet is about £2400 with Direct Line. (That's with my girlfriend on the policy- she saves me £200!)

I've followed the advice and looked into Liverpool Victoria and Whatcar but neither will insure me under 30 years of age.

As I'm 18 months away from the big "three-0" I was wondering if anyone under 30 has had good quotes from other insurers?

I've followed the advice and looked into Liverpool Victoria and Whatcar but neither will insure me under 30 years of age.

Strange - LV have me insured, 28....must be your postcode.

QUOTE (Mefster @ Apr 23 2004, 01:39 PM)

Strange - LV have me insured, 28....must be your postcode.

Mmm, yeah prob is age/postcode related. LV wouldn't quote me via the website, 26 and SE London on a Box S.

*could* try bell Direct - they were the cheapest for me, but beware if you have a car with options of any value - their standard policy doesn't cover them!! - have a read of my other threads in this section on that debacle :vmad:

Elephant have always been cheap for me on previous cars (Golf/TT) - but again check the small print, you gets what you pays for as they say.

Hi Chaps,

We are just about to buy a Boxster S next week. I am also looking for a good quote. The best I have got so far is £980 from Halifax insurance. Me and the wife are both 36. I just tried Sainsburys and they wanted £1200. But then we do live in London.

I will be creating a proper profile for myself as soon as I get the car next week!

Cheers

Jimbo

:)

I had it insured with Eagle star and they gave me a reasonable quote and I lived in a high risk area in NW London. I don't use them anymore coz they can't insure it anymore now that i'm living in spain. Hope this helps.

p.s.

When my Mrs banged up the bimmer I had b4, they paid the 9 G's to the Official BMW place in Camden (Name escapes me now) it cost to fix with no hassle. COST TO ME £100 RESPECT!!!!

Give Sainsburys a try, they where the cheapest for me @ only £650 and i was only 29 !

Fully comp on a Boxster S (2001) No tracker required !

I find going up the chain helps. Sainsburys is either ESure or Halifax.

ESure are cheap.... quote for a new S at the moment for me is about £900 :bana::bana:

Thanks for all the feedback chaps- it's been really helpful.

Best offer so far is £1800 from Allen and Allen (I think they also advertise as Hyperformance). Bell Direct put me on to them. On problem is they won't insure my better half on it- I'd better break that to her gently

Spoke to Liverpool Victoria again who said they are not taking on any new business for Boxster S under 30- I hope you guys haven't been putting them off with too many claims! :wacko:

I's suppose I might not have the best 'vital stats' to get a much lower quote:

Age 28, South Manchester, on-street parking, 2 years NCB, 3 pts and one fault claim in the last 3 years.

Hey there Marky. BIg kiss to you and the wife!

Think ya gonna struggle getting a lower quote than that with few years NCB. My cover cost me £1600 with £1000 excess!!

Robbed, thief etc springs to mind! (quoteline direct says it cos of my 9 points, feckin robbers......)

Archived