North Coast Route 500

bobar

DSC03043_zpsnqdqinai.jpg

Hello All

First impressions after about 3000 miles of varied terrain since I picked the car up. It is 718 2.0 manual.

Last week a drive from West London to the Lake District and then on to Inverness and the start of the North Coast Route 500. From Inverness to Applecross and then Ullapool, John O'Groats, Tain, Inverness and then down the East Coast picking up the A1 back to London.

Coming from a Morgan plus4 this was a completely different experience as to be expected. The car performed very well. The handling, overtaking capability and braking were top class. So far this is the best sports car I have owned.

I did it in February / March this year, but took the Macan. Great trip - one of the best. Stunning scenery! Were there any midges at this time of year? We had clear blue skies for all the trip except for the bit between Douneray and O'Groats. Fair bit of snow so I thought the Macan was the right choice.

Midge free! We were very lucky with the weather. High teens on some days with the visibility fine throughout the trip.

Archived