Best way to mount gopro?

james_ly

When I got my Boxster I told myself not to take it on track... this year I might though. I normally stick gopros using stickers, but the wind deflector looks a bit wobbly for that. Will I need to buy some sort of mount?

38 minutes ago, james_ly said:

When I got my Boxster I told myself not to take it on track... this year I might though. I normally stick gopros using stickers, but the wind deflector looks a bit wobbly for that. Will I need to buy some sort of mount?

I have tried a camera on the wind deflector, it nearly made me sick watching the resulting wobbly video output!

I have not tried since, some forum members have used windscreen mounts, or clamps onto the roll-over-bars or tow hook mounts.

I am just trying to decide myself where to mount a camera for future runs - hopefully we will some options pop up in this thread now...

There are a number of velcro based mounts available for diving etc. One of these around a roll hoop would probably be best. I have a helmet mounted 3D gimbal that I use on the bike which is buttery smooth. If you attach the GoPro to something wobbly, the footage will be cr*p. Similarly, if it is attached to a firm surface, then every bump will be transmitted to the footage. A gimbal is the only man.

Archived