Have you got factory heated seats ?

RajB

Hey guys , I'm near completion of the project to get the Porsche switches working with aftermarket elements and I want to mimic the how the original switches work in the factory setup. Is the lower illuminated button for low / high & the upper convex button for off ? 

Cheers :D0176-99266888

Sounds right to me, although by lower and upper presumably you mean rearwards and forwards, as the switches are flat on the centre console? And if I remember correctly, one push on the concave/on/rear end gives a red light for 'Roast', and another push on the same end gives an amber light for 'Toast' (at least, that's what we used to call high & low :))

33338124_2020797611325509_84244881567907

4 hours ago, Jon61 said:

Sounds right to me, although by lower and upper presumably you mean rearwards and forwards, as the switches are flat on the centre console? And if I remember correctly, one push on the concave/on/rear end gives a red light for 'Roast', and another push on the same end gives an amber light for 'Toast' (at least, that's what we used to call high & low :))

33338124_2020797611325509_84244881567907

Spot on ,  you deciphered correctly.

Roast and toast , nice. Cheers  !:P

Well , the project to couple the Porsche switches and the aftermarket heated seats is fully working. It's far more involved than I originally thought. The original idea was built with three relays but this version is Arduino based . I'd like to test it thoroughly in the car , but on my test setup it works a treat. I might take some pics later but as its a circuit board there's not much to see ! 

Archived