235 40 19 or 235 35 19

Spinjim

Is there a difference apart from the profile size with these tyres 

currently running 235 40 19 but the tyre choice is limited so can I run 235 35 19 or is there problems 

Jim 

You could with the following effects, slightly stiffer ride, inaccurate speedo and slightly shorter gearing.

I don't see any significant problems as you are matching the 20" wheel sizes but with a smaller rim.

Use the 'will they fit' website and make sure you meet the load requirement of the oem tyre recommendation, don't show Porsche either or they may void your warranty ;)

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, daz05 said:

You could with the following effects, slightly stiffer ride, inaccurate speedo and slightly shorter gearing.

I don't see any significant problems as you are matching the 20" wheel sizes but with a smaller rim.

Use the 'will they fit' website and make sure you meet the load requirement of the oem tyre recommendation, don't show Porsche either or they may void your warranty ;)

I'm not sure what Daz has been smoking here. 

A 235 35 19 will have a smaller circumfererence as the overall diamter is an inch smaller. So that's 25mm difference in diameter. The car will sit 12mm lower at the front - assuming you have a 981 - as this is the 981 section - and you're fitting this tyre to the front.

An inch is a lot if you think about it. Sure the car will work but why bother?

Now if you also go down a profile at the rear from 265 40 to 265 35 then this will even things out. You're effectively then running 987 tyres on a 981.

6 hours ago, ATM said:

I'm not sure what Daz has been smoking here. 

A 235 35 19 will have a smaller circumfererence as the overall diamter is an inch smaller. So that's 25mm difference in diameter. The car will sit 12mm lower at the front - assuming you have a 981 - as this is the 981 section - and you're fitting this tyre to the front.

An inch is a lot if you think about it. Sure the car will work but why bother?

Now if you also go down a profile at the rear from 265 40 to 265 35 then this will even things out. You're effectively then running 987 tyres on a 981.

😋Was the guidance I provided really that controversial? I gave the benefit of the doubt to the OP that he'd be doing this at both ends lol! 

12 hours ago, daz05 said:

😋Was the guidance I provided really that controversial? I gave the benefit of the doubt to the OP that he'd be doing this at both ends lol! 

Maybe the smoking gave you extra clarity.

Archived