Spoiler control LED indicator switch Porsche Carrera turbo Boxster 986 996

Blumr2

Has anyone fitted a spoiler switch eg https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264222383544?ul_noapp=true 

I have Fitted and the switch and it works but having issues with the LED leads to the green plug on the back of the instrument cluster.

I’ve had one pair of prongs break when bent and then the other lead I made up with board jumpers did the same.

But when it’s connected I get a flashing led and no spoiler movements. Take out the led wires and the dash switch and bridged floor one works.

so i figure one of the leads is not connecting the ones required on the green cluster switch, with tow broken pins I'm thinking splicing or getting the correct terminal connectors and trying to rewire.

I have one of these fitted. Sorry can't help with your specific problem but I remember having quite a bit of trouble with the connections on mine. I found them to be very flimsy, especially the twin prong one. I ended up getting a partial replacement from the seller due to it not being how it should be. It has worked perfectly since then.

13 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

I have one of these fitted. Sorry can't help with your specific problem but I remember having quite a bit of trouble with the connections on mine. I found them to be very flimsy, especially the twin prong one. I ended up getting a partial replacement from the seller due to it not being how it should be. It has worked perfectly since then.

Thank you, i have emailed but one down the route of grabbing a couple of Diodes and looking at wiring further back to try and use solder less breadboard connectors for the plug end so its neater than jamming then m in the case as well. Let ya know how that goes..

All in and operating, i had to remake the leads and placed the diodes externally so they connector sat correctly and i could make better pin connections.

I fitted mine some time ago now, but remember its a bitch of a job to get those pins into the back of the green plug

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

I fitted mine some time ago now, but remember its a bitch of a job to get those pins into the back of the green plug

Yeah i modded the lead to place the diode outside the plug and made two extensions for the green ones, that way it all slotted in much easier and worked first attempt then, mind you one diode leg snapped the first time after being straightened twice so had to get another couple of diodes .. BUT nice its working now and i like the visual ON LED to say it's up.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, tony231167 said:

anyone got a fitting instruction as i would like the switch but dont want to fluff around too much

Hey there, i may still have them, ill have to go thru all my car paperwork i keep stored. i can check. only thing is to make the less work there a re a couple of diodes in the system to block return current to use one lead for the less to flash.. i only know of one and not the others used.. without these in the correct spot or direction the less won't indicate.

Archived