Change Heater Fan Blower

dim33

Has anyone changed their heater/ac fan?

I removed the foam cover under the glove box and then the blower cover. I can see the blower in there but an not sure how to remove it.

The service manual linked to in the technical help section just says "Remove the cover -3- for the blower motor and pull out the blower motor downwards" - but there is no obvious way to do this.

Perhaps the glove box need to come out too?

With the glove box off it's a doddle to change the fan. I bought a Valeo fan from eurocarparts - interestingly ECP sell this on ebay for £92 whereas it was £140 directly from the ECP site - so I bought it from ECP via ebay.

The fan I removed, although the original unit with a Porsche code, was also made by Valeo.

Design911.co.uk sell the "original" (i.e. Valeo) Porsche blower for £446.

The whining noise has now gone.

20190309_135530

40 minutes ago, nick997 said:

Out of interest was the whining linked to fan speed as set on centre console as per this post:

Yes indeed it was. It was at its worst when set at 3-5 bars on the fan display. It would whine more under mild acceleration. I really noticed it when gently accelerating away from speed bumps. Sometimes it would whine constantly and I found my self raising the fan speed higher to stop it. Not a big deal but it was bugging me.

Now a thing of the past with a new blower fan.

Thanks, mine gets worse as the speed goes up. It's under OPC warranty so will point it out to dealership and see if I can get some value from said warranty.

And an update on my original post, it turns out that the peacock isn't to blame and it's the local crows causing havoc to my cars. They've almost destroyed the car cover I have for it, little feckers/peckers.

Archived