Beru Ignition coil packs

Chuckie66

Quick inspection of the Beru Ignition coil packs before I change out the spark plugs. They are original from 2007 3.4S with 59K miles. Hoping they should last another 4 years (20K miles) until the next spark plug change? they look ok, albeit bolts are rusted, see pics.

Pics taken from Drivers side (UK), which in a boxster is Bank 2? Looks like oil on left of coil nearest the front of the car (behind driver) think that cylinder 1, is that normal? should I be concerned? car doesn't seem to be loosening any oil.

IMG_3906-2.thumb.jpg.e8ac0e1339dccaab87fa76d03556777c.jpgIMG_3902-1.thumb.jpg.b7eb29a856323bb7d2d006479d42deb2.jpg

Had the same on mine when I changed them, wasn't overly concerned but would be interested as to why also. Got a feeling that's where the timing chain casing is, did have a seal replaced prior to purchasing though.

1 hour ago, detail1 said:

Had the same on mine when I changed them, wasn't overly concerned but would be interested as to why also. Got a feeling that's where the timing chain casing is, did have a seal replaced prior to purchasing though.

That's interesting, I did have  the timing tensioner washer/seal replaced 9 months back as it was seeping oil. Whilst the timing casing was cleaned up by the Indie maybe that leak got further  - hopefully thats the case 🙂

Archived