Full Brake replacement - DIY

mightymetro

So, it’s that time of year where the car needs a service.  Last time it was in I was told it needed discs and pads all round within 5000 miles and was quoted around £1850 at OPC.

it just seems a little expensive and it’s not even an S!

purchased the correct Sebro discs and the textar pads from Eurocarparts for £352 including 4 brand new Pagid/Sebro pad wear indicators and got it all complete on the drive in less than 4 hours.  

Wonder if if they will pick up on it with regards to the warrenty that is outstanding.  Prices are crazy for consumables and with 1 year left on the warrenty I’m tempted to not renew it.  It has been on extended OPC warrenty all its life but it is quite tying too as I’d like to change the car a little (gts diffuser, caliper refurb in different colour, royal steering wheel etc) and I’m sick of taking the borla exhaust off every year before it goes in........although my standard exhaust still looks minty fresh 😂

Not or a bad job at all 👍🏻

562ED7D0-31D6-4B12-BB52-B4C2CAD2A0CA.jpeg

53 minutes ago, 718as said:

Not sure why opener bought 4

As above, one for each caliper I assume. Would be odd for Porsche to drop to one per axle from one per caliper, especially when there are various systems like PSM that apply differential braking which could give unbalanced wear rates due to track use or living in Milton Keynes.

Archived