981 Retaining frame centre

Kilsh

Hi

Just noticed this is loose in its location, (the long black dish shaped part immediately below the from number plate) image below.

I have just had a minor service but cant see why this would have been removed or loosened, I will ask them tomorrow.

In the meantime has anyone else experienced this just coming loose?

Is it a bumper off job to refit? I can’t see any other way

Cheers

Kilsh

9E3DCB95-FB31-49C9-96AC-285829E850B4.jpeg

Was loose on mine, don’t think it was properly fitted when I purchased the car from the OPC who had painted the front bumper before I collected.

I managed to get my hand behind it through two holes under the bumper and click it back into place

29553354828_2e2d0e2d64_b.jpgUntitled by Alex L, on Flickr

It’s a fiddle as the holes aren’t particularly large. It would have made more sense for it to be attached from the front as air pressure tries to unclip it

What a complete faff, took both front wheels off so I could get axle stands in to enable me to get underneath. Wiggled the part in place then found my hands were too big to get through the holes, was about to remove the very front underside panel  to get acess when Mrs Kilsh volunteered to try, her smaller hands got into the holes just whilst I ensured the tabs at the top didn’t foul.

Job done .

Cheers

Kilsh

Archived